Line inputs 5 and 7 cut off sound after a second

The new Flow8 digital console
ErianD

Line inputs 5 and 7 cut off sound after a second

Post by ErianD »

Hi!

I tried using an acoustic guitar with built-in pickup with the Flow8 and I get audio if I plug it in line input 5 or 7, but only for a second. After that it cuts off. In 6 and 8 I never had any sound. After taking out the cable and plugging it back in a few times, I may get the one second of sound again, but not always.

I am new to using mixers and a guitar with a pickup so I think I may be doing something wrong.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for using an electro-acoustic guitar with the Flow8?

The mic input is fine and working as expected, and I am getting constant audio out on main from that.
therentabrain

Re: Line inputs 5 and 7 cut off sound after a second

Post by therentabrain »

The #1 thing you'll find from posts here is that if there's anything less than perfect about the power supplied, you'll get drop outs/intermittent failures. Are you using the original power supply and is the connection good and clean and secure?

You can also try a different power supply because perhaps the original one is failing. Just make sure it has lots of watts and amps.

If that's not the issue, my generic advice is to unplug everything unnecessary, reset everything to its factory defaults, flash whatever updates you can (including anything already flashed before), and see if the problem is still there. If it is, then probably the hardware is bad, and you could contact behringer or do a return/exchange, etc.

good luck :)
ErianD

Post by ErianD »

I am using the original power supply and it is only a few months old (I don't think it worked since the start but because I am new to it, I assumed it was user error).
I will see if I can find a different power supply that has the same/apropriate specs and see if it helps.
kgallen

Post by kgallen »

I find the Apple 20W power adaptor (with suitable USB-C to mini-USB lead) is good. It's what I use with my Flow8 since the Apple PSU has fold down prongs on the UK version which means it fits in the case I have for the Flow8. (The PSU that came with my Flow8 doesn't fit in the case since it has a Euro-UK adapter bolted onto it which makes it rather large.)

And unusually for Apple it's a pretty sensible price.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M ... er-adapter

Return to “Flow8”