Sends on fader midi (or OSC) control

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
Op3r

Re: Sends on fader midi (or OSC) control

Post by Op3r »

Ok, I’m working on strings that seem to be ok:
B0 1 5 127 | /ch/02/mix/13/level [$2 L] (midi control nr.5 channel1 to send 13 of x32 2nd channel).
It translates movements of midi encoder to send fader.
But the change is very speed! If I set a range 0-20 of midi encoder the movement is slower?
I hope this could be useful to someone.
I used Patrick’s X32Midi2OSC, a very useful utility.
But now, if possible, I want to know if X32Midi2OSC as an ini file for loading the script file, set ip number and correct midi in port BY DEFAULT when starting the app.
Is it possible @pmaillot?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

X32OSC2Midi actually reads a .X32Midi2OSC.ini file (note the "." that makes it a hidden file) at initialization, that can be used to set the IP port and MIDI IN/OUT ports. This file is included in the zip package you can find on my website. In case Google [wrongly] complains about the file being Virus infected, you can download a copy of the same zip file from https://x32ram.com, in the Downloads section.

I invite you to download and use version 0.20 rather than the older 0.19.

The correct line for your case is
B0 1 5 127 | /ch/02/mix/13/level ,i [$2]
and is in the .m2o file with the .zip package.

If you change the value of the midi encoder, it will follow the value of the encoder, at the speed the midi controller changes, up to value 100, all values 101-127 are defaulting to 100 for the OSC command.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick
Op3r

Post by Op3r »

pmaillot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm X32OSC2Midi actually reads a .X32Midi2OSC.ini file (note the "." that makes it a hidden file) at initialization, that can be used to set the IP port and MIDI IN/OUT ports. This file is included in the zip package you can find on my website. In case Google [wrongly] complains about the file being Virus infected, you can download a copy of the same zip file from https://x32ram.com, in the Downloads section.

I invite you to download and use version 0.20 rather than the older 0.19.

The correct line for your case is
B0 1 5 127 | /ch/02/mix/13/level ,i [$2]
and is in the .m2o file with the .zip package.

If you change the value of the midi encoder, it will follow the value of the encoder, at the speed the midi controller changes, up to value 100, all values 101-127 are defaulting to 100 for the OSC command.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick
I'll try ini file on windows pc, now i'm using Macos and wine.
Unfortunely B0 1 5 127 | /ch/02/mix/13/level ,i [$2] doesn't work
... but,after many many fails , I've completed an m2o file for my needs!!!
Here some exemples (because .m2o attachment are not permitted):

# mute dca 1-8
B0 1 54 127 | /dca/1/on ,f [$2 0 =]
# DCA faders - 160 for complete corse of midi faders to 80% x32 faders- use 127 for perfect translation of faders
B0 1 41 127 | /dca/1/fader ,f [$2 160 /]
# SEND to bus -L is for a speedy move of send to 100% of send fader
B0 1 5 127 | /ch/02/mix/09/level ,f [$2 L]
and so on, it works!

OSC is a fantastic magical world!!!

Thank you Patrick and Pvannatto and everyone in this forum
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

yes, in the osc command, the parameter tag should be ",f"... not ",i"

sorry for that.
Op3r

Post by Op3r »

pmaillot wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:11 am yes, in the osc command, the parameter tag should be ",f"... not ",i"

sorry for that.
Yes, and also to transform the 127 positions of midi control to x32 fader or level, that responds from 0.000 to 1.000, it’s necessary divide $2/127. So the argument that works is: ,f [ $2 127 /]
I’ve used it for many other parameters (fx, etc) and it works very well. Your app is powerful!

About the .ini file I found it (hidden) on windows pc, it’s ok for ip number and midi port, it might be useful to set a default m2o file to use the X32Midi2Osc on startup of computer without manually set the right file.
Sorry for my english… I hope you understand
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

OK, I'll add that in the coming release, later today :-)

Edit: done. ver 0.21
Op3r

Post by Op3r »

pmaillot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:22 am OK, I'll add that in the coming release, later today :-)

Edit: done. ver 0.21
Great!!!

Just another thing: I’m trying to map the same midi control for 2 osc parameters (feedback L and R of stereo delay). I wrote 2 strings with same cc number and different command but just the first works. Is it an x32 limit?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

It is currently a limitation of the program itself; Once a MIDI command has been used, it's... gone.
I can try to enable multiple use of MIDI commands matching a same pattern...
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

... done in version 0.22. You can manage single or multiple MIDI pattern match with a flag in the .ini file
Op3r

Post by Op3r »

pmaillot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:03 pm ... done in version 0.22. You can manage single or multiple MIDI pattern match with a flag in the .ini file
Thank you!! II'm taking up all your time
Just another suggestion: to open the app at Windows startup without human intervention the flag midi off/on must be ON.
I'm trying to insert some command in .ini file such as "XMconnected" or "xmidiconnect" =1 but nothing happens except errors (sorry I've found code on Github)

I would like use a Raspberry pi with Windows (on arm) starting your appautomatically, without a monitor. Just like a USB midi 2 OSC box!
It could be useful to many people

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”