TouchOSC mk2 Fully Supports X-Air and X32 OSC Control

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
kmitchell

TouchOSC mk2 Fully Supports X-Air and X32 OSC Control

Post by kmitchell »

I stumbled upon this game changer yesterday. There seems to be a common misconception (from me included) that TouchOSC did not support two-way communications with the X-Air and X32 mixers. This is not the case. Starting with the mk2 version (now renamed just TouchOSC), the listening port of an OSC connection is also used as the sending port. Simply by adding the periodic '/xremote' or '/xremotenfb' message, TouchOSC can subscribe to OSC updates, just like X-Air Edit and Mixing Station. There's no longer a need for the man-in-the-middle approach.

IMHO, THIS IS HUGE. Not to replace Mixing Station, but more as a merged interface that allows mixer control and MIDI or OSC DAW control in the same app.
pvannatto

Re: TouchOSC mk2 Fully Supports X-Air and X32 OSC Control

Post by pvannatto »

kmitchell wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:32 pm IMHO, THIS IS HUGE
Totally agree Ken. Glad to hear that the listening functionality finally works. I had tried using TouchOSC back in 2013 before David released Mixing Station but was frustrated that it was a one way communications and finally abandoned it.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Re: TouchOSC mk2 Fully Supports X-Air and X32 OSC Control

Post by pmaillot »

Ha Ha!!! They finally got it right! :-)

That's good, really, as it opens a larger set of devices to control the consoles.

Note this was not necessarily an issue with WING as you can tell WING where to send its data (to which port I mean) as part of the sent OSC request; for ex
/%10027/ch/1/mute will have WING returning the Mute value to port 10027, rather than... whatever sending port was used when sending the command

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”