Questions on GEQ/PEQ for XAIR18 on IPAD

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
mcontour

Questions on GEQ/PEQ for XAIR18 on IPAD

Post by mcontour »

Hello Folks.

I have been using the XAIR18 for a long time now, but I have two lingering questions. I’m using the XAIR app on an IPAD for mixing live sound. I have a high quality 5GHZ WIFI router in the mixer rack, with the XAIR18 hardwired via CAT6 and the IPAD connected over WIFI.

First…I don’t understand why, on the FOH for example, when I make EQ settings via the PEQ they don’t show up on the GEQ, and vice versa. Should they? Am I missing something?

Second…occasionally when I’m getting some ringing and/or squeal on a monitor, I select that mix, bring up the PEQ, and enable the RTA. I see all the frequencies dancing around but I never see the offending frequency(s) spike on the graph. To see where the issue is, I have to bring up an independent audio spectrum analyzer app on my iphone and it clearly shows the offending frequency of interest. Is there some sort of averaging/refresh rate issue on the RTA in the IPAD app over wireless?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can provide.

-Michael
pvannatto

Re: Questions on GEQ/PEQ for XAIR18 on IPAD

Post by pvannatto »

mcontour wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm First…I don’t understand why, on the FOH for example, when I make EQ settings via the PEQ they don’t show up on the GEQ, and vice versa. Should they?
Welcome to our forum. the channel strip PEQ and GEQ are separate EQ tools that have separate OSC (mother tongue of the X-Air and X32 consoles) settings.
mcontour wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm I never see the offending frequency(s) spike on the graph
Make sure the RTA source is set to Monitor (in X-Air Edit, this setting is in Utility, RTA screen - not sure where it is on iPad). That setting will ensure that the RTA will be for the desired EQ.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mcontour

Re: Questions on GEQ/PEQ for XAIR18 on IPAD

Post by mcontour »

Thanks much, Paul.

-Michael

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”