X32 Routing Main LR into a Daw Routing

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
Jsun_Tyler

X32 Routing Main LR into a Daw Routing

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

Routing question
I am trying to replicate a process I saw with ProTools using X32 rack. I am sending channels from my daw into X32 rack with no issue. What I want to achieve is sending all channels back into my daw into one stereo channel track and record the final mix in my daw. I have been trying to use user routing to send outputs back to daw but nothing is working. I can however send individual tracks from X32 rack into my daw no problem but I want to take sum of what is mixed in X32 along with Daw mixing and have one master mix. Now in ProTools is using Yamaha O2R96 consoles but I feel I am close. Anyone want to take a crack at where I need to look for routing?
GaryH

Re: X32 Routing Main LR into a Daw Routing

Post by GaryH »

If you set the outs of all the DAW tracks to stereo 1 and 2 and then use card 1 and 2 in "aux remap", aux ch's 1 and 2 on the x32 will be a stereo mix of your DAW ch's and can be used to monitor any daw mixing. User input bank 4 for your last 8 sources for 'card out' might then work. LAST 2 ch's of user input bank 4 set for aux in 1/2, FIRST 6 of that bank set for local (or whatever source) 25-30. You would I think lose recording local ch's 31 and 32 doing that. That may work. The daw should record mixer ch's 1-30 and a stereo mix on 31/32. Maybe :-) (very early here)
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

GaryH wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 am If you set the outs of all the DAW tracks to stereo 1 and 2 and then use card 1 and 2 in "aux remap", aux ch's 1 and 2 on the x32 will be a stereo mix of your DAW ch's and can be used to monitor any daw mixing. User input bank 4 for your last 8 sources for 'card out' might then work. LAST 2 ch's of user input bank 4 set for aux in 1/2, FIRST 6 of that bank set for local (or whatever source) 25-30. You would I think lose recording local ch's 31 and 32 doing that. That may work. The daw should record mixer ch's 1-30 and a stereo mix on 31/32. Maybe :-) (very early here)
Thanks Gary if all outputs are set to stereo 1 and 2 how do I mix in X32? I currently have the daw output using the matching X32 channel. Example out 9 is bringing audio into x32 on channel 9

In my head if on user out 7/8 which are Main LR is configured to card 31/32 the main should come into my daw on Input 31/32 but that is not working.

Is user in required to make this work?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Jsun_Tyler If you use individual outs of all the ch’s to the X32, I don’t think what I suggest will work. If you want a stereo mix at the same time anyway. You get 32 ch’s to your daw and back. A few have to go to include a stereo mix to record with the others on your DAW. I’m on a train with no access to my mixer at the moment but will look tonight when back home. Unless someone else chimes in with the fix :-)
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

GaryH wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:17 pm @Jsun_Tyler If you use individual outs of all the ch’s to the X32, I don’t think what I suggest will work. If you want a stereo mix at the same time anyway. You get 32 ch’s to your daw and back. A few have to go to include a stereo mix to record with the others on your DAW. I’m on a train with no access to my mixer at the moment but will look tonight when back home. Unless someone else chimes in with the fix :-)

Here is my scene, my goal is to have a main outs from X32 come back into daw on channels 31 and 32. If that is possible that would be great
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Jsun_Tyler You can try this. On your card routing set this for local 1-8, 9-16 and 17-24. Create a user out bank utilizing the ultranet menu. The ultranet 1-8 menu will use direct outs of ch's 25-30 for ch's 1-6 and Main L and R post fader for ch 7 and 8. The User out bank 4 (ch 25-32) will use local input ch's 25-30 and the ultanet ch 7/8 (main L/R) as its 8 ch's. For the last bank of Card out (bank 25-32) put the user bank you made. It should send local ch's 1-30 and Main L/R for ch 31 nd 32 to your daw, See attached: Maybe it works. A user out menu is right for this because in reality, card routing is really card out routing. The mixer sends out to the daw whatever 4 banks of sources designated in the card menu.

MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Basically if you want to use the console for mixing, you ignore the DAW Master Bus. Send the DAW tracks to the console (or rack) and then make a linked bus to send the mix back into the DAW. Monitor off the console/rack.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

GaryH wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:02 am @Jsun_Tyler You can try this. On your card routing set this for local 1-8, 9-16 and 17-24. Create a user out bank utilizing the ultranet menu. The ultranet 1-8 menu will use direct outs of ch's 25-30 for ch's 1-6 and Main L and R post fader for ch 7 and 8. The User out bank 4 (ch 25-32) will use local input ch's 25-30 and the ultanet ch 7/8 (main L/R) as its 8 ch's. For the last bank of Card out (bank 25-32) put the user bank you made. It should send local ch's 1-30 and Main L/R for ch 31 nd 32 to your daw, See attached: Maybe it works. A user out menu is right for this because in reality, card routing is really card out routing. The mixer sends out to the daw whatever 4 banks of sources designated in the card menu.

When you say ultranet you mean the P16 menu?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Jsun_Tyler Yes-see pics below. I had to post 2 images as the single image would not fit on my screen. Ultranet direct outs (pre eq) are ch's 1-6, ch's 7/8 are postfader L/R Then grab the ultanet ch's 7 and 8 for the last 2 chs of User Out bank 4 (25-32) the first 6 ch's of that User out bank being loclal ch's 25-30. Hope it works :-) After a little more thought the fist 6 choices of the ultranet routing menu probably don’t matter as you are only grabbing the 7/8 ch’s for your user bank.

Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

GaryH wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:06 am @Jsun_Tyler Yes-see pics below. I had to post 2 images as the single image would not fit on my screen. Ultranet direct outs (pre eq) are ch's 1-6, ch's 7/8 are postfader L/R Then grab the ultanet ch's 7 and 8 for the last 2 chs of User Out bank 4 (25-32) the first 6 ch's of that User out bank being loclal ch's 25-30. Hope it works :-) After a little more thought the fist 6 choices of the ultranet routing menu probably don’t matter as you are only grabbing the 7/8 ch’s for your user bank.

After resetting my x32 rack this worked for me. Thanks as always pointing me in the right direction

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”