Easiest way to rearrange channels

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
mattclarkmixer

Easiest way to rearrange channels

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I want to rearrange my channels on my X32 rack but I’d like to retain my eq, compressor settings, levels, etc. is the the easiest way to do this by copy and pasting the channels? I guess I could save presets for each channel as well. Just looking for the path of least resistance. Any ideas or tips?
GaryH

Re: Easiest way to rearrange channels

Post by GaryH »

With both X32-Edit and Mixing Station rearranging ch order is very easy. In Edit it's the "move" icon, left edge of the screen (see the examples below), select it then just drag the ch's in any order you prefer. In MS in the layer edit section the viewable ch's and blanks run along the bottom of the window and can be slid in any direction you prefer. Touch the desired ch icon and slide it with a finger or a mouse. All the settings stay with the moved ch. Hope this is what you meant.

pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @mattclarkmixer, if you are wanting to rearrange the channels on the X32 Rack itself, the easiest way is to export the scene (using the Utility button on the console or X32-Edit) and use the Channel Arranger in Scene Parser. All channel settings (include gate, EQ, compression, sends, etc) will be included. Also you can include the headamp (gain and phantom) if so desired. Once the rearrangement is completed (by dragging channels back and forth) and the Transfer button is pressed, it will create a snippet that can be saved to a file to be imported into the console.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:29 pm Hey @mattclarkmixer, if you are wanting to rearrange the channels on the X32 Rack itself, the easiest way is to export the scene (using the Utility button on the console or X32-Edit) and use the Channel Arranger in Scene Parser. All channel settings (include gate, EQ, compression, sends, etc) will be included. Also you can include the headamp (gain and phantom) if so desired. Once the rearrangement is completed (by dragging channels back and forth) and the Transfer button is pressed, it will create a snippet that can be saved to a file to be imported into the console.
This sounds like you are describing what I am referring to. So let’s say channel 1 is my kick drum and channel 2 is my snare, I could use this method and i could make channel 1 the snare and channel
2 the kick just by dragging. And all their channel settings would come along for the ride. We’re saying the same thing, correct?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 am all their channel settings would come along for the ride. We’re saying the same thing, correct?
Correct
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:05 am
mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 am all their channel settings would come along for the ride. We’re saying the same thing, correct?
Correct
Hey Paul- thanks for your help on the rearranging channels thing. I downloaded the Scene Parser and wanted to say thanks so much for creating that software! Saved me a bunch of time and I’m sure I will be using it a lot in the future.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:51 am Saved me a bunch of time and I’m sure I will be using it a lot in the future.
Great to hear, Matt. I also use that tool a lot.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”