Confirmation on # of Devices Connection

Behringer WING Consoles
Jsun_Tyler

Confirmation on # of Devices Connection

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

I am on the hunt for something official from Behringer that states the Wing has a 16 device limit of connected devices. I am also looking for documentation that states it is best to use a router with no internet access for best results. I am testing with a router in my studio with the wing using internet and I am having people randomly drop connections. I want to confirm this is either because of the internet or I am hitting the device connection limit. In a group on facebook it has been stated there is a limit of 16 devices but I want to confirm and find something officially from Behringer. Thanks in advance
GaryH

Re: Confirmation on # of Devices Connection

Post by GaryH »

I will confirm it’s the internet. You need a dedicated router just for the mixer and monitors, no internet. For your studio it doesn’t have to be exotic, an inexpensive one should be ok. Using DHCP is ok but I prefer static. The internet connection part will raise havoc everywhere. Not sure about 16 devices, it may be true but is extreme imo. I have seen the spec but don’t recall the number. A reasonable amount for sure is ok, 5/6?
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

GaryH wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:20 pm I will confirm it’s the internet. You need a dedicated router just for the mixer and monitors, no internet. For your studio it doesn’t have to be exotic, an inexpensive one should be ok. Using DHCP is ok but I prefer static. The internet connection part will raise havoc everywhere. Not sure about 16 devices, it may be true but is extreme imo. I have seen the spec but don’t recall the number. A reasonable amount for sure is ok, 5/6?
Thank You!
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

Cheap wireless units will also top out at a lower number of concurrent wireless clients. Something more recent with WiFi 6 capability will support more simultaneous connections without impeding the throughput of each. If you can, get the antennas up in the air as well. I haven't used it lately, but I fabricated a board mounted to an old mic clip base so I could velcro a Netgear AP to it and put it on a tall boom mic stand.

Return to “WING Consoles”