Live Sessions app

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

Live Sessions app

Post by DaveT »

Anyone had any joy with this app??

2 hours plus supposed extracting and still at 0% and nothing in the extraction folder...... Mac Studio - app is pulling 1- to 15 % of gpu and little to nothing on the main processors. No point in highlighting to music group I suppose. Will stick with just dragging and dropping each into logic.

pmaillot

Re: Live Sessions app

Post by pmaillot »

I never got it to work correctly... Some people apparently did.

You can use Wav2Live and Live2Wav which are not as sexy in terms of UI, but will give you results in much less time :-)
Mfk

Post by Mfk »

Using the application with windows, it works fine if you use directory paths without spaces and other special characters. It work when the target folder is, for example, d:\xlive\projectname but it won‘t work with the path d:\recordings 2024\project name
Maybe there is a similar issue on MacOS.
I have reported that MacOS Issue on ideas.behringer.com. The current roadmap tells us, that they are working on solving the issue.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. So what ive ended up doing is initially using Patricks app via Parallels on my Mac studio to convert them (draging and dropping into logic is time consuming as you need to manually align each set of files), and for the most worked perfectly. It then decided to stop working for the last batch of files giving me about 20 seconds of good audio, then nothing but white noise and static over all channels. I ended up expanding each wav file using Wave agent, and managed to get the files without any corruption or noise into logic. It was a show of two 1.5 hour sets over 64 channels. Most of these 64 channels were silent (I didnt get time at the start after sound checks etc of 19 acts to route just the channels being used, so it was the full bulk of channels out to the sd cards and sort out later) - 24 channels was the final amount used.

Once again it's very disappointing with behringer where they release something with issues and then take forever to address the situation. Last firmware that is now causing the stage box issues, and still not fixed almost a year later is unacceptable, and need not mention all the issues with X32 apps etc, left to a 3rd party to take up the slack with the great app mixing station, and in the case of the wav expander, once again thanks to a 3rd party (Patrick) taking up the slack of behringers incompetence to make it right.

As per previous posts,ive been a behringer fan from the beginning, but with recent years and lack of customer care and attitude towards making their gear work properly and the lack of it, my money is now being put aside to swap out my full behringer and music group eco sphere to another manufacturer (digico or avid is the way im heading as its rider friendly, whereas anything music group is being refused in the uk just now due to their incompetence and lack of customer support - there is zero trust of their kit right now). Which is unfortunate, as they do actually make good gear, but the support is rubbish. I would have been excited about the wing rack and would have snapped it up right away, but im afraid - its a no from me until they get their act together and sort out all their issues and start actually supporting the kit.

Thanks

Dave
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

Reaper natively supports the multi-channel wav files.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Actually any decent DAW SW should be able to deal with multichannel sessions and 'explode' them (the REAPER term) to extract individual track stems.
Note: not true for the other way around... where Live Session (if you get it to work) or Wav2Live will do the work.

Return to “WING Consoles”