X18 connection problems

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
Djafull

X18 connection problems

Post by Djafull »

Hi.
I have a connection problem with my X18, neither internal wifi or ethernet and external router seams to work once it is turned on ( Of course I'll wait a few minutes for the bootup) , if I leave the x18 turned on for a while and turn it on and off , some times I have to repeat that sequence a few times an then I can connect to the x18.

Anyone have any good suggestions on what could be wrong or what needs to be done?
Karnage

Re: X18 connection problems

Post by Karnage »

Hello and Welcome,
Do you have anything that can connect directly via ethernet to see if the behaviour is any better? Maybe a computer running X-Air Edit?
Best, Karn.
Djafull

Post by Djafull »

Hi, tnx for reaching out

It doesn't matter what I try to connect with, there is no connection via the network card, wifi access point/wifi client/ethernet. Ethernet directly to a PC doesn't work either, I see the yellow diode flashing in the ethernet port.
But if it has been on for a while and I turn it off and on a few times, sometimes I have to repeat the on/off a few times before it can connect

Djafull
Karnage

Post by Karnage »

Hi Djafull,

It does sound like the networking part of your X18 is struggling for some reason. Which version of firmware is it running? Could an update possibly help?

Best, Karn.
Djafull

Post by Djafull »

According to the previous owner, 1.20 firmware is installed, I think I have to open and use some cooling spray to see what part that might loos it's contact when cooled down
Karnage

Post by Karnage »

Hi Djafull,

Firmware 1.22 is current. Update using X-Air Edit on a PC or Mac. The current download of firmware needs the .exe extension removing - should end in .update only. There are two versions, depending on the version of hardware (changes due to component availability, not capability). Anything very new should be V2 hardware.

Best, Karn.

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”