Low Output Level to Logic X

Behringer WING Consoles
mattbatt77

Low Output Level to Logic X

Post by mattbatt77 »

Appreciative for any thoughts/suggestions: I'm recording an audio source from the WING to Logic X via USB. On the WING's source channel, the signal is -6 db, in Logic it is -21 db. My input to the WING is going through a DL32.

The channel strip in Logic is set at 0 db. There's no effects on Logic or WING (I know USB bypasses anyway). I have to turn the channel gain on the WING all the way up and it is still quiet in Logic.

Things I've tried:
  • Reset preferences in Logic
    Start new projects
    Try different channels in the WING
    Look at Apple system settings but it does not offer gain for the WING
I'll buy another USB cable...

EDIT: I also used same guitar, cable and DI box into a Zoom h4n, hooked that to my computer via USB in the same slot, went into the same session, same track and Logic read the correct volume that the Zoom displayed on its meters.
mattbatt77

Re: Low Output Level to Logic X

Post by mattbatt77 »

Here's what I tested & discovered:
Acoustic guitar --> DI active --> input 3 in WING bypassing DL32.

I then routed input 3 as an alternate in my vocal channel strip and acoustic guitar channel strip on the WING with bypassed fx, eq, compression, gate. (I had set up 32 channels for live and these all worked great).

I then set gain to + 45 db, and strummed a G chord. On the vocal & acoustic channel strip, the channel meter (soloed) was -24 db.

Then I routed input 3 to a channel strip I haven't touched (channel 34) as an alternate. Did + 45 db gain, lightly strummed and channel meter reads -6 db.

So then I switched between channels and was dumbfounded why this would occur. I simply kept switching channel selects and THEN, now all three channels show -6 db when strumming.

So this is an obvious larger problem, either cable problems (i moved cables while strumming, did not see anything) or a WING problem. I'm at firmware 1.13.9 and will update...
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

Wonder if initializing the console would reset something that's gone wonky.. The firmware upgrade may take care of it.
mattbatt77

Post by mattbatt77 »

thegeorgedougherty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:30 pm Wonder if initializing the console would reset something that's gone wonky.. The firmware upgrade may take care of it.
With firmware 2.0 nothing changed. If I initialize the Console - is there a way for me to save my settings to a USB stick then load them up?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Yes; Connect your console to your computer in disk mode (see in the setup screen), and save the data - You can do the same to restore data to the console.

Return to “WING Consoles”