No sound out from Flow 8

The new Flow8 digital console
ozstar

No sound out from Flow 8

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

Was all okay 2 days ago, but when plugged in today, no sound coming out.

Bluetooth is connected okay as are Mics and Line in from PC.

All lights seems to be working however the VU meter is dead, and nothing through headphones.

What could be the problem?

What haven't I done?

Thanks
SPS

Re: No sound out from Flow 8

Post by SPS »

I wonder if this is the same problem I visited the forum to ask about.

I’ve had my flow for a month or so and really love it. I didn’t want to use the supplied wall wart power supply, so I’ve been using a standard USB cable plugged into a multi port USB power supply. Been working fine.

I’m a little leery of the micro USB connection into the mixer, it’s not a very robust connector, so I’ve been using right angle USB cables. I just purchased a longer one and plug it in that way at rehearsal the other night. The mixer fired up just fine, I connected my phone through Bluetooth, I could see the meters on the individual channels bouts in response to audio input, but I couldn’t get any output out of the main outs.

Plugged in a different USB cable and all was good. Apparently her USB cable can make a difference? It seems very odd to me that the unit would power up and appear to be normal and have everything work except the main out. I know the USB adapter I was using was rated at over 2 A so should’ve had plenty of power… Maybe the cable is too long at 6 feet.

Anyway I wonder if you are also using a USB cable other than the one supplied?
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

I imagine it's too late to help but, if it happened to me I would try saving a snapshot, then resetting the mixer, or going to an older snapshot, to see what happens.

If this brings the sound back, it probably is a setting somewhere in the mix; if it doesn't then it could be a hardware problem like bad power. As seen on this forum, it has to be the orig power supply in good working shape, with the orig cable, or weird muting effects are known to happen.

If the sound does come back and I can't figure out what's different about the mix, it could be a corruption/a bug, and I guess I'd take screenshots and build the mix again.
SPS

Post by SPS »

It was definitely a power issue because when I swapped out the USB cables I was good.

It’s just interesting that it looks like it’s powered up and all is good except the main outputs
SPS

Post by SPS »

UPDATE

I have been using the flow 8 regularly on gigs now not using the original power supply but powering from a universal USB power brick. Works fine as long as the cable is good and the power source can deliver enough amperage. If you’re getting no output or if the output cuts out on peaks it’s likely not getting enough power.

Return to “Flow8”