New firmware 1.13.6 and WingEdit RELEASED

Behringer WING Consoles
thomas

New firmware 1.13.6 and WingEdit RELEASED

Post by thomas »

Finally:
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BV2
Offline editor is available for all platforms.
pmaillot

Re: New firmware 1.13.6 and WingEdit RELEASED

Post by pmaillot »

... And that's way cool!

Documentation at https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing have been updated too to match with the new FW features, and all wapi based programs (Windows, Linux, Rpi) have also been recompiled and linked with the latest wapi (1.33) available at https://github.com/pmaillot/wapi

MacOS versions (where applicable) are on their way :)

-Patrick
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Anyone got a link to the previous version of firmware? I thought I had a back up of it on my hard drive but I dont. You would have thought Behringer would have left the old version on the website in case of issues etc to allow rollback.

Thanks

Dave
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

I will not roll back!
No way... the new FW brings many fixes, not to mention the new features.
-P
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

pmaillot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:23 pm ... And that's way cool!

Documentation at https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing have been updated too to match with the new FW features, and all wapi based programs (Windows, Linux, Rpi) have also been recompiled and linked with the latest wapi (1.33) available at https://github.com/pmaillot/wapi

MacOS versions (where applicable) are on their way :)

-Patrick
Still getting my feet wet with the Wing. Does this mean we need to update our ASIO windows drivers as well?
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

pmaillot wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:03 pm I will not roll back!
No way... the new FW brings many fixes, not to mention the new features.
-P
You have installed it and no issue thus far?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Jsun_Tyler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:08 pm You have installed it and no issue thus far?
Both Patrick and I are beta testers. I've used the latest beta (now public release) with a band for 2 recent gigs and it has been rock solid. The new playlist functionality is much better for break music than the previous one.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
HiFlyR

Post by HiFlyR »

Did the upgrade and lo and behold one of my scribble strips failed. Annoying…
Jsun_Tyler

Post by Jsun_Tyler »

I want to confirm that I should not upgrade at this time because my setup uses ABC AES ports for my monitor wing. Is my thought process correct? Also when upgrading what happens to your current setup and snaps? According to the note does this mean all the routing and fx's will have to be setup again once you upgrade?

NOTE: Fw 1.13 currently cannot load old channel, FX and routing presets. This will be implemented again with the next versions.
NOTE: Fw 1.13 will require stagebox firmware updates for supporting HA remote control and the use of WING on both sides
(AES50 A and B) of the stagebox. We plan releasing those updates in the next coming weeks, and suggest only using WING on
stagebox A-ports until then. Using X/M32 series products on A- and B-ports is no issue, however.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Jsun_Tyler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:46 pm Is my thought process correct?
No, you should be able to use all 3 (A, B, C) AES50 ports of the Wing with no problem.
Jsun_Tyler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:46 pm Also when upgrading what happens to your current setup and snaps?
All snapshots will be converted when you first load them. After loading, simply save them to finalize the conversion. The "setup" is included in the snapshot (not like with the X32).
Jsun_Tyler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:46 pm Fw 1.13 currently cannot load old channel, FX and routing presets.
This means that any presets (chan, FX, routing) that you have saved will not be available at this time. If your setup requires using these, then don't upgrade to 1.13 at this point.
Jsun_Tyler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:46 pm Fw 1.13 will require stagebox firmware updates for supporting HA remote control and the use of WING on both sides
(AES50 A and B) of the stagebox.
What they are referring to is the use of the B port of the S32 and DL32 to connect consoles (such as the Wing). The A port of all stageboxes work fine. I had a look at the Wing console interface finally (it was stored in its flight case) and this new feature was introduced just before the public release. The GUI interface is present, but is not yet functional. Evidently it requires stagebox firmware updates. This does not change the current way we use stageboxes, but will add new functionality in the future. I've been using the beta versions with my SD8, SD16 and Hub4/DP48 and they all work as expected - full HA control.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “WING Consoles”