UMC202HD recording takes place in "Shots"

megamg

UMC202HD recording takes place in "Shots"

Post by megamg »

Hi everyone, I bought a Behringer UMC202HD that I connected to Raspberry Pi4, unfortunately the recording takes place in "Shots", do you think it could be a driver issue? Or a raspberry power problem?
kmitchell

Re: UMC202HD recording takes place in "Shots"

Post by kmitchell »

Hi @megamg Welcome to the forums.

I've never heard the phrase "takes place in shots" so you are going to have to provide more details.
megamg

Post by megamg »

Yes, the recording is not a uniform flow but it goes like saying "hiccups" there are close pauses, so it is not a continuous musical flow, I receive Alsa I / O errors, I hope this way you understand better.
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

This sounds like a buffering issue of some kind. Unfortunately, I know nothing about ALSA for Linux. Maybe if you Google the ALSA I/O Error message, you will find some guidance. Also, I would not rule out a Pi4 power issue. I'm assuming you are using an approved Pi4 power supply that provides the maximum power per the Pi4 requirements. To rule this out, try connecting the 202HD to an external powered USB hub. While I don't recommend this for recording, it would rule out low power as the cause.
megamg

Post by megamg »

Hi, the pi4 is powered by its supplied power supply, the sound card is powered by usb cable by connecting it to the pi4, the usb cable also carries the signal from the sound card to the pi4, how can i power the sound card from an external hub and simultaneously carry the signal to the pi4?
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

You'll need to purchase an external USB 2.0 hub that has its own power supply. Connect the USB hub to the Pi using the cable that comes with the hub. Connect the power supply that came with the hub to it so it is powered. Finally plug the UMC202HD into the external hub. USB signals (sound data) will flow through the hub to the PI but the 202HD will get its power from the hub instead of the Pi.
megamg

Post by megamg »

Ok, could you please provide me a link of a suitable hub?
But I don't understand one thing, it seems to me that it only has a USB socket, and with this it connects to the Raspberry from which it also takes power, but if I power it with an external power supply, how do I then connect it to the Raspberry?
Karnage

Post by Karnage »

The USB Hub will go between the Raspberry Pi and the interface. Don't use any other ports on the hub at first, just one to the interface and the master port to the Pi.

This is such a thing being sold on Amazon.co.uk

mr_hollywood

Post by mr_hollywood »

I spent weeks trying to get the UMC202HD working on the RPi4 and always had that same problem. Upgraded to a UMC204HD and it worked perfectly...
megamg

Post by megamg »

Hi thanks for the advice! But then the connection would consist of plugging the sound card into one port of the hub and then exiting from another port of the hub and going to the Raspberry? This way the sound card will be powered by the hub and seen by the raspberry?
Is this the right link?

Return to “Audio Interfaces”