Behringer Xenyx Jack input not working

donnyboybelfast

Behringer Xenyx Jack input not working

Post by donnyboybelfast »

Hi,

just wanted to share what has been melting my head since I got this Xenyx qx1832USB

I DJ with 2 setups in case backup is needed and wanted to monitor 2 different headphones through the mixer.

The sound was terrible, like an effect, like the voice cancellation was stuck on.

Turns out the Jack inputs don't work with TRS stereo jack inputs, only Tip Sleeve mono plugs.

I hope this helps someone as was thinking I'd been sold a lemon.
pvannatto

Re: Behringer Xenyx Jack input not working

Post by pvannatto »

donnyboybelfast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:57 pm Turns out the Jack inputs don't work with TRS stereo jack inputs, only Tip Sleeve mono plugs.
Welcome to our forum. You are getting the "voice cancellation" because the output jacks are probably TRS balanced outputs (Tip=hot+, Sleeve=hot-, Ring=shield). The results, when plugging in a stereo headphones is that when both hot+ and hot- (hot- is polarity inverted to hot+) are identical, they cancel each other out.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
donnyboybelfast

Post by donnyboybelfast »

Nice one mate, thanks, I think I'd been told that before which is how I eventually worked it out.
Strange as the inputs are labelled Balanced/Unbalanced so you would think it would take TRS, but they are all the same, only work with the TS I have.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

donnyboybelfast wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 am Strange as the inputs are labelled Balanced/Unbalanced so you would think it would take TRS
It does take TRS cables. But it only works correctly if the connected device (eg. speaker, another mixer) TRS jack is a balanced TRS jack, not a stereo TRS.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Audio Interfaces”