1.13.7 Firmware and old FX/CH presets

Behringer WING Consoles
Knee_Deep_in_Audio

Re: 1.13.7 Firmware and old FX/CH presets

Post by Knee_Deep_in_Audio »

Thanks for the clarifications Paul!
pvannatto wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:37 pm probably because everything is in its early stage of development.
This isn't directed at you, but at Behringer. I think a lot of frustration from myself and others is that this board has been out way too long to still be in an early stage of development. And even taking into account the pandemic, there is no excuse for breaking backward compatibility in a firmware update on a professional sound console.

I hope you don't take that personally, that is definitely not your fault, you've been very helpful on this forum and I appreciate all your help!
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Knee_Deep_in_Audio wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:50 pm I hope you don't take that personally
Not at all. I'm as impatient as you to see this console develop further. As you may know, I tend to be the snippet "evangelist", as well as developing tools to make snippets (eg. Scene Parser for X32, X-Air and a Wing equivalent).
this board has been out way too long to still be in an early stage of development
Actually, if you take off the 2 years of the pandemic, the Wing development is at about par with the X32 development (way back when). And yes, we were very impatient and frustrated at its development too.
there is no excuse for breaking backward compatibility in a firmware update on a professional sound console.
Can't argue with that. It is what it is and we have to make the best of it (reminds me of that song "Making the best of a bad situation") :)
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Knee_Deep_in_Audio

Post by Knee_Deep_in_Audio »

We used to have an M32 in this theater, and at another place I work we use an X32 compact, I love using snippets. I've used your tools many times, they have been life savers a few times, many thanks for those! Snippets on the WING would be a game changer.
pvannatto wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:22 pm Can't argue with that. It is what it is and we have to make the best of it (reminds me of that song "Making the best of a bad situation") :)
:lol: Aint that the truth.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Knee_Deep_in_Audio wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:29 pm I've used your tools many times, they have been life savers a few times
That's great to hear. Thanks.
Glad to have you on our forum.

Speaking of breaking backward compatibility, the official forum is case in point. We spent years building that forum from just over 1000 members to a very active forum with over 120K membership as well as a wealth of knowledge, tips and tricks - only to be destroyed by a "new fangled" interface.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Roblof

Post by Roblof »

No, there is no ch/fx presets utility currently. What was suggested was to load your current presets into one or more unused channels and then save everything as a snapshot. When you load that snapshot (using a very narrow scope) you can then copy it to the proper channel afterwards.

FX is a bit easier especially if you save your fx to the same slot everytime since the new scope can load specific fx slots.
Knee_Deep_in_Audio wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:07 pm But if in understanding you correctly, there is still a ch and fx preset system in the new firmware?
(It's just incompatible with the old presets)
njnisly

Post by njnisly »

In downloading the 1.13.7 firmware packet I noticed in the release notes referring to 1.13.6. I also noticed the files were created 3/15/2023 with the documentation date of March 13, 2023. Was there a tweak pushed out from 1.13.6 to 1.13.7 with the same documentation used? The documentation also notes the bug fixes up to 1.13.5. Any insight on this? I'm leery updating when we use snaps and channel saves and loads each Sunday. But I'm also tired of fighting remote connections every week.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

1.13.6 was out for maybe a day before issues were noted (so I am told) with the USB recorder, a quick fix was then released with the same firmware name as the original (1.13.6). You then got a firmware file named 1.13.6 which actually displayed as 1.13.7 once installed. I suspect what was done here was only to give 1.13.7 the correct name.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Knee_Deep_in_Audio wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:39 am Sorry if it is frowned upon to post here without waiting for an answer on the official forum first.
You gotta do what you gotta do. Sometimes that means you gotta create new forum, even. Welcome!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

njnisly wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:34 pm I'm leery updating when we use snaps and channel saves and loads each Sunday. But I'm also tired of fighting remote connections every week.
This is why I'm still on 1.12.8. Channel presets are a key part of our weekly workflow for volunteers with a constantly amorphous worship team.
jonallen356

Post by jonallen356 »

It’s been a bit since the last update on this post. Any news on a release date for the new firmware?

We just bought this console for our church (upgrading from the X32) and found out when we were setting it up that there was no Preset functionality. That’s a significant issue for us because we have rotating band members. We need to be able to load their presets week to week.

I know the update is supposed to be this quarter, but how realistic is that? We are weighing whether we should go back to older firmware and have to build every preset twice, or wait it out until the firmware is released.

We are still setting it up and learning, so we’re probably 3 weeks from implementation.

Thanks!
Jon

Return to “WING Consoles”