Behringer S16

angr77

Behringer S16

Post by angr77 »

Hi!
There have recently been some discussions when using the WING and the last FW e.g. 1.13.7 - that it had problems if chaining two S16 between the A-to-B port before it is sent to the WING console. This does not currently work. (this is special for WING - X32 is not affected) A future FW upgrade is required.

I was a bit interested in this - so when recently buying another new S16...and booted it up to check the FW version - it actually showed FW V2.8!
This is a firmware version that don´t even exist on the Behringer.com site.

I have not been able to try the stagebox yet with my WING - to see if this FW actually solves the issue with several S16 and WING etc...but it was interesting to find a FW version that does not exist...

Check it out:

Best Regards

Anders / Z-LiveRec.om
Angr77, Flow 8, XR18, Mackie DL32S, X32 Core, X32 Rack and WING + S32, 2x S16 + X-Touch and A&H CQ20B
Developer of www.z-liverec.com
GaryH

Re: Behringer S16

Post by GaryH »

@angr77 I certainly don't know but suspect it is an "internal" software fix, could be related to new chips/parts available these days for it. I have seen in many other MT firmware files, in the read me/info files, several number changes that never got officially released in between those that did. Even recently on the Wing they say it's 1.13.6 on the download page but the Wing says 1.13.7 when loaded. It would be highly unlikely imo you got a product so fresh off the presses that they included firmware for the just recently released Wing firmware (that is pretty much beta as is) Plus those ships are way to slow for that kind of delivery speed. The S16 isn't exactly the newest piece music tribe makes either (no offence, I own 2 and love them) so I don't see it as a hot priority. It is interesting though! (and I really don't know, I am just guessing)

Return to “Stageboxes”