Footswitch or pedal to activate the amount of Reverb on a combination of an X-32 Rack + X-Touch DAW controller

Personal Mixers such as P16, DP48 and other devices
Samuel Stroobants

Footswitch or pedal to activate the amount of Reverb on a combination of an X-32 Rack + X-Touch DAW controller

Post by Samuel Stroobants »

Dear ones,

I’m looking for a decent solution on this one.

We’re doing online workshops and seminars (with live music) with an X-32 rack model together with an X-touch DAW remote controller.

So far everything works really fine. 😉

But … we would like to control the amount of reverb on the voice (when singing) with an adjustable footswith/pedal in addition to the asigned fader on the X-Touch.

Is this possible ?

If so, does anyone have some good suggestions?

Thanxalot in advance !
🙏
Karnage

Re: Footswitch or pedal to activate the amount of Reverb on a combination of an X-32 Rack + X-Touch DAW controller

Post by Karnage »

Hello and Welcome.

I'm far more familiar with the X-Touch Compact, so might not be on the ideal track here.

What mode do you have the X-Touch in? Could the correct midi information be sent from an expression pedal or foot switch connected to the X-Touch? I could send such data to my XR18 from my X-Touch Compact as I'm not in Mackie Control mode, and would set it up in the X-Touch Editor app. If I was using a foot switch, I would set the return of the FX unit to toggle between two different levels, and use any other adjustments on the send while performing.

Sorry if this doesn't suit your case, but it's worth passing on the idea!

Good Luck,
Best, Karn.
pmaillot

Re: Footswitch or pedal to activate the amount of Reverb on a combination of an X-32 Rack + X-Touch DAW controller

Post by pmaillot »

This can be done with a simple arduino and MIDI connection to your X32Rack.
Read the analog input to which you will have a potentiometer connected; convert the data to X32 value, send that value to X32 using OSC embedded in SYSEX on MIDI.
Example of implementation at https://sites.google.com/site/patrickma ... EMHCI8mE1V, this one is for a footswitch but the principle and general schematics remains the same.
There are plenty of other examples, just google it. I'm sure you can find someone in your church community who will be able to implement/build this.

Return to “Personal Mixers”