Adding Effects/plugins

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
Guitarguy123

Adding Effects/plugins

Post by Guitarguy123 »

I find the effects that come with the Air X12 to be unusable… they are too extreme and fake sounding to my ears. The reverbs especially muddy the tone. Is there a way to add effects from outside what comes with the Air X app?
pvannatto

Re: Adding Effects/plugins

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @Guitarguy123, welcome to our forum. The FX engine in the XR12 is identical to all X-Air, M-Air, X32 and M32 consoles. I've been using various FX since 2013 and have found them to be excellent - definitely not "extreme and fake sounding". For vocal reverb, I use a blend of plate reverb and vintage reverb that work in most cases. If you are not getting the desired results, I would suggest that you save your scene to a file (using X-Air Edit) and attach it to your next post (using the Full Editor - attachment function is below). That way we can have a look and better advise.

Regarding your question as to how to add external FX, unfortunately the XR12 isn't designed to add external FX and it would be quite difficult to do so. If you do require this feature, I would suggest getting an X32 Rack and configure the Aux In/Out as inserts.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

I totally agree with @pvannatto. I use the X32 FX to mix records and the FX that it has are very good quality.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

in this picture the FX1 is a Modified version of the FX2. Try changing the settings of the Plate Reverb in your XR mixer to match the settings in FX1 and try it and see if you like it better then the stock one. For the decay time setting I like to use a shorted time (approx 1.8) for fast songs and a longed delay time (approx 320) for the slow songs.
Guitarguy123

Post by Guitarguy123 »

Great.. Thanks everyone!

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”