Best practice for moving scenes/snippets to new M32

Various presets, scenes and snippets for the X32 and M32 consoles
Berk1000

Best practice for moving scenes/snippets to new M32

Post by Berk1000 »

Hi. I’m going to be touring a couple of M32R’s and there are a load of fly dates where we will be picking up local consoles (also M32R’s with a DL32 stage rack.)

2 questions:
I use 1 snippet per song as a snapshot - firing them from the board is quite clunky but it works. What is best practice for transferring the scene and snippets to a new console? Is there a way of wrapping both snippets and scene up together - it’s seems they are largely independent of each other. Previously I have loaded each snippet into the new console individually (20-25 of them in this instance but it could be way more for some shows) - am I missing something? Maybe using cues helps?

2. The gain settings in our showfiles (foh and Mons) are the same and saved to our scenes. How do I ensure that these levels are sent to the stage rack (DL32 or S32) - it seems that when a stage rack is connected the pre amp levels are
derived from that rack l, not our show files.
Any advise on keeping the gains intact?

Thanks!
pvannatto

Re: Best practice for moving scenes/snippets to new M32

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @Berk1000, welcome to our forum. Glad to hear that you are using the M32/DL32 eco-system for your tour and that you are using snippets per song.

For your first question, the best way to combine scenes and snippets is to save everything as a show (from the Cues screen). You don't necessarily have to create cues. But saving (and exporting) a show will combine cues, scenes and snippets into a package of files that can be imported later as a single entity.

The advantage of cues is that there can be up to 500 cues and each cue can combine a scene and snippet (when loaded, it loads the scene first, then the snippet). The disadvantage is the Cues interface is quite clunky. I have developed an alternative interface called Show Manager that make is easier to manage these show files.

For your second question, since the preamps are physically located in the stageboxes, they will retain the preamp settings (gain, phantom) from previous settings when powered up. To ensure that your settings are applied, simply load your first scene file from the console (FOH or MON) that has control of the preamps (remember only one console can have preamp control at any given point in time).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “X/M32”