Split Vocal mics to 2 channels

shep

Split Vocal mics to 2 channels

Post by shep »

I find in my still imperfect outdoor 'room' with RCF mains and JBL 615 monitors that 1) I need to separately eq vox in monitors that have multiple instruments in them. Especially the drum monitor that has extra low end for kick and toms that muddy vox up. I regularly have 4 to 6 of these cabs on my 24x14 stage. I've had as many as 5 across the front of the stage which makes for a ridiculous amount of level.

2) I'm also looking to use butterworth eqs in my fx to eq mains and monitors with rather than the regular eqs that freqs seem to regulary fall between.

3) Lastly and maybe most importantly. I have tried multiple times to analyze my room for mains and for monitors. Every time I did it in this outdoor area with an overhang (see pic) I see no change at all. It's flat. Do I need to separately analyze each monitor and main component described in the next paragraph?

I changed my vox mics out from Beta 58's to Heil PR35's. I also am going to try to turn my system into 3 sepate mains components via matrix for subs, center channel and flown RCF HDM45A's. The center channel EV ELX 200-10's (not pictured) are on poles coming off of the Subs.

I know, many subjects, so I numbered them for responses to point to. Thanks much!

Return to “Tips and Techniques”