XR18 "Sync direction": not an option with the APP (android/ipad) ?

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
vmunich

XR18 "Sync direction": not an option with the APP (android/ipad) ?

Post by vmunich »

Hi everyone,
Am i right that the sync direction (e.g. Mixer->PC or PC->Mixer) is only a parameter with X Air Edit (on a computer) ?

A user connecting to the XR18 with the app (android/ipad) is not able to overwrite the settings of the mixer when connecting ?

Thanks !
Best,
Vincent
pvannatto

Re: XR18 "Sync direction": not an option with the APP (android/ipad) ?

Post by pvannatto »

Hi Vincent @vmunich, welcome to our forum. Technically, that is not correct. The dual direction sync of the X-Air Edit is also available on the M-Air Edit, X32-Edit, M32-Edit and the new Wing Edit. But it is not available on other mixing apps. The reason is because the Edit app is designed as both online (connected to the console) and offline editor, whereas the mixing apps (eg. Mixing Station) are designed as an online mixing app.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
vmunich

Post by vmunich »

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.
So users of the X Air app (which is not an "Edit" app) won't be able to change the mixer settings, right ?
This is actually exactly what I want.
My fellow band members use the X Air app (android) and Mixing Station (ipad) in order to set up their monitor mix, but I don#t want anyone (but me) to be able to e.g. change the channels' gain, effects etc...
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

vmunich wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:44 pm in order to set up their monitor mix, but I don#t want anyone (but me) to be able to e.g. change the channels' gain, effects etc...
On one of the first screens (after loading Mixing Station), the band member must select which mixbus they are using. When that happens, they are limited to mixing just that mixbus. All other settings (including gains, etc.) are unavailable to them. This is by design and what is different from the full editor app.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
vmunich

Post by vmunich »

Great, thank you

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”