Controlling Flow 8 effects with MIDI controller

The new Flow8 digital console
DGatlyn

Controlling Flow 8 effects with MIDI controller

Post by DGatlyn »

My question is about the built in effects in the Flow 8. I was curious if the effects are set up as presets and can be controlled by a MIDI controller pedal using the external USB connector? Before I purchased a Flow 8, I was still using a rack mount Lexicon effects unit that has MIDI control. I had it set up to change presets that corresponded with my Strymon Big Sky reverb presets for my guitar. The longer the decay/trails on my Big Sky, the longer the corresponding Lexicon vocal reverb would be. If I was doing a song that required big reverbs, then I had vocal presets on my Lexicon that corresponded with it. Is it possible to do a similar situation and set up effect presets that will automatically change on the Flow 8 when I change guitar pedal sounds? I’m a one man band guy and have enough to control with using drum loops, etc, that having my vocal reverb effects programmed to change automatically, would be one less thing to change between songs. Presently, to get around this, I have set up 5 or 6 reverb/delay sounds that I am changing as “Snapshots” on the Flow 8 using the footswitch feature. I appreciate any suggestions to have. Btw, I use a Disaster Area MIDI controller on my guitar pedal board that I could connect to the USB port on the Flow 8.

Return to “Flow8”