TIO1608-D with Wing and M32

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
GaryH

TIO1608-D with Wing and M32

Post by GaryH »

Finally got this Dante enabled stagebox, the TIO integrates just fine in my Dante network. This was the one piece that has kept me from using Dante live often. I have several other Dante I/O devices to use but none with a decent ch count which meant multiple device connections that could cause confusion if troubleshooting problems. With the Yamaha R-Remote software all headamps and 468V can easily be set and adjusted. This now gives 16x8 from one place and with a few other devices around 20x16 total. Usually enough for most gigs I do. I can still use all aes50 with the Wing or X/M32's so the options are immense. I wanted the A+H stagebox IDR16/32/64 but just the used Dante add on cards themselves were MORE than the TIO alone then you needed the stagebox, around 1000 or more used. Someday maybe. Anyway, having some fun while learning
pmaillot

Re: TIO1608-D with Wing and M32

Post by pmaillot »

Nice!
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @GaryH, how do the preamps compare to the Midas pro preamps?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@pvannatto I honestly don't know quite yet. They seem about the same or very close. They are not the higher end Yamaha preamps but are the same as in the TF, LS9 and CL series which I have found to be very good. They are warmer than an X32 I think, I have used an LS9 and X32 together and the X32 were it seemed, more "brittle" and more sensitive at the high end. Once I get to know the gear better I will be able to say and say truthfully, I hope. I can mix and match with it and my M32 (and Wing) which has the Midas pro preamps in it. So the comparison should be easy enough. We shall see. I am still pretty green with this new device I'm afraid. Well, more the software, the device itself is pretty simple. I'm looking at one more for a decent price and I'll be set.

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”