Xenyx x2222 usbmixer recording w/ Ableton issues

okwhatyes

Xenyx x2222 usbmixer recording w/ Ableton issues

Post by okwhatyes »

i have a behringer xenyx x2222 usbmixer and am trying to record a whole band into ableton live lite 11. I have 8 xlr inputs i am using 6 are drum microphones and then one is a xlr output from a Microphone amplfier for my singer into the xlr input of the mixer, i also have another xlr from a bass amp into the input of the mixer. I then have one quarter inch from a guitar amp into a stereo input (which there are four available). The problem is in Ableton i believe what is happening is using the usb connection from the mixer into the computer it seems to only record the microphone from the mic amp but it is very clippy and muddy, none of the other inputs work at all for recording but show up fine on the mixer and show they are coming through. It would be good to mention that i do not have an output for the mixer such as a speaker i have simply connected it to my computer if that is a problem. If anyone could help me or recommend me anything even another forum would be very helpful and dont assume i know anything i could be missing out on a very basic important step i am just unaware.

Return to “Analog Mixers”