AutoMate Scenes

Support forum for the AutoMate family of console automation specifically designed for Behringer/Midas consoles by Patrick Gilles-Maillot.

This forum is also for support with Reaper and the X-Live expansion card with respect to AutoMate.

https://x32ram.com
Forum rules
For generic X-Live support, please go to the appropriate forum here:
viewforum.php?f=47
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: AutoMate Scenes

Post by MJKlein »

pmaillot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am So, you can replace your DoNotRecord list with the following:
DoNotRecord=g/so,/-st,/-pr,/-ac,/owdu,/-sh,/-us,/-un,/-ur,node,in/m,/-in,h/01/i,h/02/i,h/03/i,h/04/i,h/05/i,h/06/i,h/07/i,h/08/i,h/09/i,h/10/i,h/11/i,h/12/i,h/13/i,h/14/i,h/15/i,h/16/i,h/17/i,h/18/i,h/19/i,h/20/i,h/21/i,h/22/i,h/23/i,h/24/i,h/25/i,h/26/i,h/27/i,h/28/i,h/29/i,h/30/i,h/31/i,h/32/i
Remember: copy as is, no spaces, no line return etc...
I'm going to do this right away! Thank you Patrick!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

pmaillot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:41 am
curtbl wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:58 am so Patrick, spent several hours reading or looking over the OSC for Wing Document, very incredible document!
More than a few hours, on your part, put into that document. You need to get a life!!!! Just kidding!! We all benefit from your dedication and understanding of the Wing and X/M32 command structure. I admit I can follow mostly however I suddenly realize how much I don't know!

I do have a question, after re-reading the Automate document and looking over the .ini file for automate and the DoNotRecord section of the .ini
I did a session recently and during the session I utilized the solo function on several different channels, thus when playing back the solo obviously activates during auto playback. So the question becomes can I add /solo to the DoNotRecord section or does it have to be for each and every channel buss, etc.....
Have a great day!
Curt
The DoNotRecord functionality is using the strstr() C lib function, so it is not a search "starts with" but "is anywhere in" type of comparison. If you add to the DoNotRecord list the string "/solo", any OSC command containing that string anywhere is the command will be eliminated from the recorded OSC commands.
I.e. in the case of "/solo", all /cfg/solo/... commands, /ch/x/solosafe commands, /aux/x/solosafe commands, and the /$ctl/cfg/soloexcl & /$ctl/cfg/solofsel commands will be eliminated from records.

In fact, what you want is not to record the effect of the SOLO button, and for that, you should rather add to the DoNotRecord list the following string: "/$sol". This will affect the solo for all channels, aux, bus etc. but also for gate sidechain solo, eq solo, compressor solo on channel, aux, bus, main, matrix and dca strips.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick
Yes, Patrick, makes sense and was pretty sure it was that way but wanted to double check.
The "/$sol" also is interesting as well. I'm "assuming" the /solo and /$sol are different or are they? I'll go back and look through the OSC document.
Curt
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

pmaillot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am
pmaillot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:20 am
MJKlein wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:16 am Mine does that too @curtbl and it also records the Dim and Mono buttons. It's not supposed to do that. Patrick was away from his X32 for a long time and wasn't able to troubleshoot that issue. Those functions are supposed to be not recorded as default in the ini file.
True, and I'll look into that today :) [Thx for the reminder]
[...]
OK, here's the scoop:
in the X32 case (Attention does not apply to WING 'as is'), Dim and Mono buttons set a /config/solo/... OSC command, as opposed to the Solo buttons that act on a /-stat/solosw OSC command. So the DoNotRecord list should not only contain /-stat to prevent from recording commands with /-stat, but it should also contain /config/solo to not record any OSC commands containing it.

Below is an "optimized" version of the DoNotRecord list for X32. I tested it here (now that I'm close to my beloved X32) and it works fine. Why is it "optimized"? Because I tried to set the elements to be as short as possible and possibly multiples of 4 characters, in a hope that the strstr() C lib function will be optimized for this (not sure though as these 4 chars are not necessarily 'word' aligned). Nevertheless limiting to the lowest number of characters is a good thing (and *that* also applies to WING).

So, you can replace your DoNotRecord list with the following:
DoNotRecord=g/so,/-st,/-pr,/-ac,/owdu,/-sh,/-us,/-un,/-ur,node,in/m,/-in,h/01/i,h/02/i,h/03/i,h/04/i,h/05/i,h/06/i,h/07/i,h/08/i,h/09/i,h/10/i,h/11/i,h/12/i,h/13/i,h/14/i,h/15/i,h/16/i,h/17/i,h/18/i,h/19/i,h/20/i,h/21/i,h/22/i,h/23/i,h/24/i,h/25/i,h/26/i,h/27/i,h/28/i,h/29/i,h/30/i,h/31/i,h/32/i
Remember: copy as is, no spaces, no line return etc...

Hope this helps
-Patrick
Ok, this is cool! Realizing it is for the X/M32 and not the Wing I'm still interested in how you were able to reduce the characters..... I kind of follow but or trying to relate or understand /-ur,note,in/m or h/19 has become a bit more confusing or I am just missing something simple.... Probably something simple.......
Thanks
Curt
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

>>>"trying to relate or understand /-ur,note,in/m or h/19 has become a bit more confusing"

@curtbl , as mentioned the test for not recording certain commands is performed using the strstr() C lib call. That call looks for a string in a string (anywhere, like finding a needle in a hay stack).

If you open the OSC documentation (WING or X32), you can find which smallest sub-string can match the single or set of OSC commands you are targeting. For example:

/-ur will match all "/-urec" X32 OSC commands (and because I tried to stay with multiple of 4 characters, "/-ur" is sufficient.
Similarly, h/19 will match all OSC commands containing ch/19. In the particular case of the X32 set sent to the attention of MJ, "h/19/i" actually matches with the OSC command (and only that one) "/ch/19/insert".

In the case of WING; there are fewer OSC commands to "not record" at this time at least. If we find out there needs to be more, we'll add them to the list and when (and only when) they become 'too long', we'll set optimizations as needed, but for now, the 5 or 6 commands to not record have a quasi null impact on application performance.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

pmaillot wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:52 pm >>>"trying to relate or understand /-ur,note,in/m or h/19 has become a bit more confusing"

@curtbl , as mentioned the test for not recording certain commands is performed using the strstr() C lib call. That call looks for a string in a string (anywhere, like finding a needle in a hay stack).

If you open the OSC documentation (WING or X32), you can find which smallest sub-string can match the single or set of OSC commands you are targeting. For example:

/-ur will match all "/-urec" X32 OSC commands (and because I tried to stay with multiple of 4 characters, "/-ur" is sufficient.
Similarly, h/19 will match all OSC commands containing ch/19. In the particular case of the X32 set sent to the attention of MJ, "h/19/i" actually matches with the OSC command (and only that one) "/ch/19/insert".

In the case of WING; there are fewer OSC commands to "not record" at this time at least. If we find out there needs to be more, we'll add them to the list and when (and only when) they become 'too long', we'll set optimizations as needed, but for now, the 5 or 6 commands to not record have a quasi null impact on application performance.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick
That makes perfect sense...... like windows H*.* thanks for the update. Hope your have a great weekend!
Curt

Return to “AutoMate Support”