Firmware 2.0 and old channel presets

Behringer WING Consoles
thegeorgedougherty

Firmware 2.0 and old channel presets

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

The release notes weren’t super clear. Are we able to load channel presets again?
humhead

Re: Firmware 2.0 and old channel presets

Post by humhead »

Nope, older version fw files are not compatible as was the case with the last fw release. 2.0 is for us very dissappointing. Clunky, many of the features in the official video when following to the letter are either not working or the path shown in the video is not what one sees IRL.

We have had our WING since November 2022, and while an incredible sounding console, it still lacks features all other digital consoles have. Recall safe is a total PITA for musical theater, no fader recall delay (global or per channel) and while supposedly one can set a snapshot to playback files from USB, in reality after spending a couple hours (again following the official video to the letter) either does not work or is unreliable.

The POTENTIAL of this console is huge, but until Behringer figures a way around copyright infringement (we all know the story behind this and B) it will continue to be a 3rd class desk, albeit it being one of the top quality sounding consoles on the market today.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I have written a Palladium console file for the WING so I can use the WING for musical theater shows. I also used Palladium when I was using 2 Midas M32 mixers for these type of shows. Palladium can handle 3 mixers at a time and they don't all have to be from the same manufacturer or model. I haven't had the time yet to load up the WING Firmware 2 to see if it all still works with my console file. I hope to do that in a week or 2.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

humhead wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:06 pm Nope, older version fw files are not compatible as was the case with the last fw release
Odd, they are working fine here with 2.0, both as loading directly and part of a show.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
thegeorgedougherty

pvannatto wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:06 am Odd, they are working fine here with 2.0, both as loading directly and part of a show.
Paul are you saying older or new channel presets are working in the v2 firmware?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

thegeorgedougherty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:40 pm are you saying older or new channel presets are working in the v2 firmware?
Older (pre 2.0)
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
seaferring

Post by seaferring »

Behringer tried to convert 1.x presets and scenes to 2.0, but my experience has been that the conversion is not very good - DCA assignments are the one thing that comes to mind as being messed up - there are other things but there is so much wrong in the 2.0 firmware that it's hard to recall all of the conversion problems.

1.x presets should have been retained so that reverting to 1.x could be facilitated.
humhead

Post by humhead »

I am able to load older FW snapshots by first opening them in WING Edit, then uploading to my WING by syncing from EDIT.

DCA Assignments stay in tack, but DCA names to not carry over. Other tha that I have not seen any issues with this method. I have not been successful loading older version fw snapshots from USB stick directly to the WING, only thru WING Edit.
thegeorgedougherty

Ours worked fine being stored on the console at the time of firmware update. I haven't tried to transfer older ones onto an upgraded console. Good to know Wing Edit takes care of it.

Return to “WING Consoles”