Installing a Dante card to the Wing internal slot.

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
GaryH

Re: Installing a Dante card to the Wing internal slot.

Post by GaryH »

@technopolizei Are you talking about an internal card? If so do the registration utility.
andreyco

Post by andreyco »

I have been working with Sweetwater support and Music Tribe. It appears that the problem is the WING's firmware is not initializing the Dante card. I'm currently testing a test release firmware sent to me by Music Tribe Support. No final solution yet, but it appears the good news is that the Dante card is not bricked by the update.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

yes, Dante chip(s) and FW are update with Audinate utilities (I guess so licensing can be validated), and not with the WING FW updates.
andreyco

Post by andreyco »

Good news - the beta firmware Behringer provided for me to test appears to fix the problem with the B3 Dante card on FW 4.2.7.7 starting up properly. I'm not sure if/how they will be releasing publically. If you're having this problem I encourage you to contact Music Tribe directly for support.
AnthoFR

Post by AnthoFR »

Hi everyone.
I'm French, not sure to understand everything.

Can you tell me if I can update my wing-date card ? Is the last firmware 4.2.7.7 ?
May I instal the 4.2.3.13 instead ?
I have an older one.

Thank you in advance, I have big show coming nest week, I can't broke my card now.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@AnthoFR Welcome to this forum. You NEED to know if you have a Brooklyn II or Brooklyn III card, It says on the little Dante Card itself which type it is. The firmware is specific by card type. Brooklyn 2 still uses the version listed on the Behringer website (not 4.2.7.7), either internal or external. If you have an external Wing-Dante expansion module, then you want the Wing-Dante file version and then the file version number listed on the website. Firmware 4.2.7.7 is ONLY for Brooklyn 3 cards and I would hold off on it until Behringer posts it. There are some issues with it as available from Audinate itself. As noted in this thread, there is a beta file for them that does work but not posted yet. The Audinate file MAY be fixed by now BUT I would hold off until Behringer posts it.
AnthoFR

Post by AnthoFR »

@GaryH Thank you !
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

@GaryH it is correct to say that there are 4 firmware versions to consider? I have kept up with this thread but I honestly don't know, not having gone through the update process. Is the following conceptually correct please?:

Internal: Brooklyn 2 version; Brooklyn 3 version.
Expansion Slot: Brooklyn 2 version; Brooklyn 3 version.

Just to boil it down and make it easier to understand.

I table would be good for visual comprehension of the various firmware versions.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@MJKlein That would be (and should be) essentially correct. There SHOULD be at least 2 current firmware files for each type. An Internal and an external version for BK2 and BK3 clearly labeled-so yes 4. IF up to date and clearly named that should be all that is needed. That is however where all real life simplicity ends (sorry). The biggest problem is there are 2 newer files available for Bk3 cards (numbered 4.2.7.7) but they are NOT posted on the Behringer download site at all (also one for X-Dante Bk3 version, same deal, same number, not posted). Audinate has these files (oddly enough SUPPLIED to them BY Behringer) SO Dante Controller “knows” these are part of the manufacturers library database and will offer the update IF you have a Brooklyn 3 card. So I guess there are essentially 6 possible. 2 for BK2 and 4 for BK3 (2 on the Behringer site and 4 in the Audinate database) for the Wing. To further complicate matters those new files at Audinate have issues and have caused the BK3 Dante cards to become unrecognized by DC. So unusable. (bricked seemingly but not really) The most annoying part is Behringer has a fix for the new firmware but has given it to essentially nobody that I am aware of (well one user here has it) not Audinate and not Wing owners. As unfortunately is the case of late, no meaningful documentation or explanation by B at all anywhere. The second problem is HOW Behringer named and numbered them. The external card version makes sense as it is called Wing-Dante, same as the expansion card’s name is, the internal version however is called Wing AoIP Dante. One needs to be a mind reader to know why. Nowhere does Behringer differentiate the difference between internal or external except by the AoIP part of the name. That alone has caused misery for some as the external won’t work internally and the internal won’t work externally. Oh I nearly forgot Behringer does offer 2 versions of the internal and external files on its Wing download site-one for BK2 and 1 for BK3 but does NOT say anything about BK 2 or 3, just a version number. Again mind reading ability is essential. Also these ext/int files are separated by about 10 other mixer only firmware files in between them and they run on to an additional page. If you don't check off "show all versions" you wont even see the AoIP files. It is a total mess in my book. IF you own a Brooklyn II Wing card, life is still somewhat simple, just use the LATEST dated version of internal or external. (You still need to know which firmware number is for BK2) Those files ARE still at least current. Brooklyn 3 owners good luck. Some fine day down the road I suspect it will get straightened out. Yes a chart is a very good idea! I will wait till this mess is straightened out first.

EDIT: It is possible that the Audinate database HAS been updated to the "fixed" BK3 file by now. Still NOT on the B site though. I can not say since I do not own a Bk3 card. If I did i would have tried to update it to confirm.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention IF you install an internal (AoIP) card you also MUST register it to the Wing itself-a utility must be run to have it work correctly. Just another little area of confusion :-)
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

I am almost sorry I asked!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”