New Dante firmware

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
GaryH

New Dante firmware

Post by GaryH »

I got a response after many weeks from MT support (with sincere apologies) anyway I think they attached the file so I will put in a Dropbox file and post the link. It will supposedly be posted on their site soon. Soon in recent MT time means sometime this year. The excuse was greater than usual requests and lack of help. Neither are surprising to me. Someone is running this company VERY poorly. I can’t blame overworked staff. I don’t think I will buy another MT product until it looks like something changes in a major way.
Last edited by GaryH on Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmaillot

Re: New Dante firmware

Post by pmaillot »

That's cool! Thanks @GaryH

PS: I have BK II but appreciate your extra mile in getting this file for all of us here :-)
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@pmaillot Thx, this is one of 2 files needed, I suspect it's the external card version but I am unsure. I know of a few people who sort of bricked their BK3 cards trying to load BK2 firmware or at least made them not work properly (so I was told) and this file should get them back in business. I don't have a 3 either but feel somewhat responsible for their woes as they used my initial "how to" for BK2 to flash for it for internal use and I was telling everyone they should be compatible. The cards are compatible but NOT the firmware, which I did not know. The external Wing-Dante card now ships with Bk3 cards installed. Pretty soon every company will be using BK3 for their 64x64 cards. BK2 is history. MT need to supply the internal version also but I don't dare ask yet :-) I think most frustrating is they have not supplied Audinate with these files either where we could access them right from Dante Controller. My best guess is the too few programmers at MT each have a 10 foot stack of files to update (I do feel for them) BUT honestly this shouldn't be the consumers problem.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

BOTH the internal (AOIP) and external (Wing-Dante) firmware files for Brooklyn 3 cards are now posted in the Wing download files section as of today. Thanks goes out to Chris Edwards for seeing this through!! **Please NOTE Bk3 files are numbered 4.2.4.8
(Bk2 files are 4.2.3.13)
Last edited by GaryH on Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

GaryH wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 am BOTH the internal (AOIP) and external (Wing-Dante) firmware files for Brooklyn 3 cards are now posted in the Wing download files section as of today. Thanks goes out to Chris Edwards for seeing this through!! **Please NOTE Bk3 files are numbered 4.2.4.8
(Bk2 files are 4.3.1.3)
@GaryH Is that a typo on the Bk2 file name? I see a 4.2.3.1.3.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@KMaxwell Thx Kevin, it is a typo! I will change it. Correct numbers for Brooklyn 2 files are 4.2.3.13
For Brooklyn 3 cards the files are numbered 4.2.4.8
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

"I got a response after many weeks from MT support (with sincere apologies) anyway I think they attached the file so I will put in a Dropbox file and post the link. It will supposedly be posted on their site soon. Soon in recent MT time means sometime this year. The excuse was greater than usual requests and lack of help. Neither are surprising to me. Someone is running this company VERY poorly. I can’t blame overworked staff. I don’t think I will buy another MT product until it looks like something changes in a major way."

The feelings of way too many people mate. I refuse to buy anything MT anymore due to the lack of customer support.

"Soon in recent MT time means sometime this year" -- all too common, but I wouldn't hold breath for this year.

On the subject of the firmware, I can see it all on the website, however, as usual - no documentation, no release notes and more worryingly, no warnings about loading incorrect firmware into incorrect cards etc which seems to have happened by your other messages on here rendering cards "broken". You would also think they would make the naming simpler to indicate what is an internal firmware and a back card one. The website software section for the wing just looks like a load of random SW dumped there.

So my question if anyone knows.

1. how do you know what card you have installed BK2 or BK3? The audinate software doesn't seem to show it anywhere i can find.
2. as you say loading 4.2.3.13 into a BK3 card will result in it breaking, but what if 4.2.4.8 is loaded onto a BK2 - will it break it?
3. Ive been all over the audinate website and can't see any mention of the 4.2.4.8 firmware, so is this behringer specific only?

Thanks

Dave
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@DaveT As far as I know you pretty much need to look at the card itself. Easy enough on the Wing-Dante expansion card. It says on the card if Brooklyn 3 or 2. Regarding damage if flashing the wrong firmware, I don’t think it will physically harm them, it just won’t work and will need the correct firmware reloaded. There were a few reported cases (I think) where the card became unrecognized. There are fail safe files and procedures from Audinate that can rectify this for every manufacturer's files if it happens. If one buys just a card itself to put internally into a Wing, the seller should be able to say which it is and it will be also on the card itself as above when you get it. In general if older than a year (or two max) it would very likely be a Brooklyn 2 version. Regarding MT downloads it is confusing. Wing-Dante is external and Wing Aoip-Dante is internal. Then you need to know the correct numbers for each type (3.13 for Brooklyn two and 4.8 for Brooklyn three) I agree this surely could be easier.

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”