S16 Firmware update on a MAC

mikebullock

S16 Firmware update on a MAC

Post by mikebullock »

OK so I might be being stupid, but I cannot find a way to update the firmware on my S16 stagebox - BECAUSE the file you can download from Behringer only works for a pc (I do not own a pc). There does not seem to be an option for a mac....
My stagebox is still using version 1.1 firmware and is working fine, so I am not even sure why I would need to update it anyway, but I assume this should be a standard thing to do - my X32 Compact is using the most up-to-date firmware and I have always kept it updated.
Thanks
pvannatto

Re: S16 Firmware update on a MAC

Post by pvannatto »

mikebullock wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:52 pm the file you can download from Behringer only works for a pc
That is correct, unfortunately. Music-Tribe has developed an in-house firmware update tool called SimplyPUT that is cross-platform (Windows, linux, mac). Unfortunately the available firmware updates for this tool is currently limited to a few Midas, Behringer (Flow8) and Klark Teknik products.

There are a few workarounds
* Use Bootcamp or Parallels Windows emulator
* Create a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows. Win10 Lite is a free version of Windows 10 that I use (dual boot Win10 Lite and linux Mint).
* Find a friend with an older PC with USB 2.0 ports to borrow.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@mikebullock There are also 2 new modes with the latest firmware for the S16 so it is worth the upgrade, these allow use of some newer products that are available these days when once they did not exist...Soon (we all hope) there is supposed to be yet another new firmware update that we may all require. With that in mind, might as well get used to the process.
mikebullock

Post by mikebullock »

pvannatto wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:15 pm
mikebullock wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:52 pm the file you can download from Behringer only works for a pc
That is correct, unfortunately. Music-Tribe has developed an in-house firmware update tool called SimplyPUT that is cross-platform (Windows, linux, mac). Unfortunately the available firmware updates for this tool is currently limited to a few Midas, Behringer (Flow8) and Klark Teknik products.

There are a few workarounds
* Use Bootcamp or Parallels Windows emulator
* Create a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows. Win10 Lite is a free version of Windows 10 that I use (dual boot Win10 Lite and linux Mint).
* Find a friend with an older PC with USB 2.0 ports to borrow.
Thank you Paul - very helpful.
Mike
mikebullock

Post by mikebullock »

GaryH wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:41 am @mikebullock There are also 2 new modes with the latest firmware for the S16 so it is worth the upgrade, these allow use of some newer products that are available these days when once they did not exist...Soon (we all hope) there is supposed to be yet another new firmware update that we may all require. With that in mind, might as well get used to the process.
Thanks Gary, much apprecited.
Mike

Return to “Stageboxes”