Behringer Powerplay 16 Help Please...

mdslammer

Behringer Powerplay 16 Help Please...

Post by mdslammer »

Hello Guys,

New to the forum. I'm hoping for some help using the Behringer Powerplay 16.

My DAW is Nuendo 12.
MOTU 24 I/O interface (old, but still works fine) with the 424 audio card.
I am trying to use Cuemix (part of MOTU's software for the 24 I/O) to send out my channels to the Behringer Powerplay amp.

In Cuemix, I have all the drum channels unmuted, 1-11. The rest, 12-24 are muted. I have these channels being bused 3-4 OUT from
the MOTU 24 I/O. They are being assigned IN to channels 1-2 on the Behringer Powerplay amp. However, I am not seeing any signal to my PM-16
mixer for volume adjustment. Which I believe is correct.

Any ideas as to why? Maybe I'm missing something on the mixer? Or, maybe something needs to be checked on/off inside my audio software.
I'm reading the manuals for both, but coming up short.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. I will keep searching.
Thanks.

Mark Dalzell
LV NV
pvannatto

Re: Behringer Powerplay 16 Help Please...

Post by pvannatto »

mdslammer wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:57 pm I am trying to use Cuemix (part of MOTU's software for the 24 I/O) to send out my channels to the Behringer Powerplay amp.
Welcome to our forum. As far as I know, this audio interface does not have Ultranet output that is required for the Behringer Powerplay 16 personal mixer (P16-M).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mdslammer

Post by mdslammer »

Hello Paul,

When I purchased the Behringer Powerplay 16 and mixers, I was asked, and answered, what kind of DAW and interface I was using. They said it would work fine.
I'm sending 11 channels unmuted in Cuemix out to MOTU 3 & 4, which are being sent to the IN's channel's 1 & 2 of the Behringer.
They are showing up on channels 15-16 on the PM16 mixers. 15-16 is setup for playback in the phones for overdubbing, etc.

Mark
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mdslammer wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:11 pm When I purchased the Behringer Powerplay 16
When you refer to the Powerplay 16, are you meaning the P16-I, which is a rack mounted unit with 16 analog inputs that converts them to the Ultranet output for the P16-M personal mixers?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mdslammer

Post by mdslammer »

Yes Paul.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Thanks @mdslammer for the clarification. I'll have to have a closer look at the P16-I, since I haven't used it, We use the P16-M (personal mixers) with the X32 and XR18 (digital mixers) directly.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@mdslammer, I'm not familiar with Nuendo, CueMix or Motu 24. But first make sure that you are getting flickering green lights on the P1-I inputs 1 and 2, and make sure the input sensitivity are set to 0db. If so, that should convert the signals to the Ultranet and should go to the P16-M personal mixers in channels 1 and 2. There should also be flickering green lights on the channel 1 and 2 buttons on the P16-M. If not, make sure the P16-M is turned on and make sure you are using standard ethernet cable (not a crossover cable) between the P16-I and P16-M, and make sure the ethernet cable is plugged into the Input (not the Thru) ethernet port (of the P16-M).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mdslammer

Post by mdslammer »

Paul,

I had these mixes setup on the Powerplay before, and all were working exactly how you said. I've aged a bit since really digging back into my recording, but am now doing so, being retired. However...memory eh!

On the Behringer Powerplay, I had the drums being assigned to 1 & 2, piano 3 & 4, 5 horn, 6 bass, 7-8 not used, 9 guitar, 10 Vox, 11-12 EFX from my Lexicon, 13-14 not used, and 15-16 for the playback. They were all showing signal as you said, and, I could adjust each instrument independent on my mixer as well as the other mixers. Like it's supposed to.

Now, everything somehow is showing up on 15 - 16. I can't figure out WTF I did to create this mess.
In Cuemix, it's pretty simple.
Ex. I have my drums 1-11 unmuted in Cuemix, the other 12-24 channels are muted. The only signals are the 11 channels unmuted. These are being subbed out to Mix 2 Analog 3-4 (out from the 24 I/O to the 1 & 2 IN Behringer. Should be showing signal, however the signal is coming in on 15 & 16.

Thanks Paul.
Mark
mdslammer

Post by mdslammer »

Update:
I believe when I had to change out my 424 audio card months back, it inadvertently made some changes to the Cuemix software. I thought about every other possibility first, and really glanced over the Cuemix settings. After 3 days and finally scrutinizing the Cuemix settings again today, I have all the sends working fine.
I will note that at times, the channels that are unmuted, need to be muted, then unmuted again for signal flow. It seems that Cuemix at times just goes and takes a nap.
Anyway, I want to thank you all for your help and jumping in.
Regards.
Mark
Las Vegas, NV
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@mdslammer, good to hear that you got it figured out.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Recording Engineering”