X32 compact

Afinepoint

X32 compact

Post by Afinepoint »

Set up: 3.5mm to two xlr male on inputs 1 and 2. Second 3.5mm from second sound source on input three. No response from Faders 1 - 3 when any are selected. Sources are good. Gain for Channel one controls loudness to amplifiers and loudspeakers. Nothing is going through Faders 1 or 2. I did have Channel 1 on DCA 1 which originally worked but stopped. Created Bus 1 feed but raising and lowering that fader shifts sounds between left and right monitors. There is no gain response on Channel 3.

???

I'm sure this is a straightforward fix but it seems this mixer "wakes up" in different modes when turned on forgetting the previous settings. I've discussed this with Behringer tech.
pvannatto

Re: X32 compact

Post by pvannatto »

Afinepoint wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:04 pm I did have Channel 1 on DCA 1
Check your DCA's. Probably they are muted or the faders are all the way down.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Afinepoint

Post by Afinepoint »

No and no. I wish it was that easy. The digital output fader on the screen tracks the one on the board but with it all the way up only two LEDs light below the digital one.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Afinepoint wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:49 pm No and no. I wish it was that easy.
I would then suggest that you export your scene to a file and attach it to your next post (using the Full Editor below). That way we can see how things are setup and better advise.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Afinepoint

Post by Afinepoint »

I'll work on that. It's odd that this board does different thing each time it's put away and turned back on. The gain leds do little. The gain has to be maximized before the signal gets the first leds to light. Meanwhile the speakers are blaring. And (again) the loudspeakers are knocking paint off the walls before the digital output indicator bars on the home screen reaches the yellow. The gain is the only control affecting the sound. DCA and busses have no effect.

I'm of a mind the electronics/board is failing. Worsening each time used. It's not the first Behringer product I've had fail after several hours of use.
Afinepoint

Post by Afinepoint »

Decided to try resetting to default. All leds appear to function properly to gain adjustments but no output to amplifiers. Silence.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Afinepoint wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:11 pm All leds appear to function properly to gain adjustments but no output to amplifiers. Silence.
Do you have the XLR cables (to the amp) plugged into the XLR 7 and 8 on the back of the console?
I would still suggest you export your scene and attach it to your next post.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I was going to reply to you on the Behringer forum and tell you to post your scene, but here is better. Do what Paul says post you scene here. It is much easier to put it here and get a response then over on the other place.

We can guess but it can be a big waste of time and seeing the scene is a much better way to steer you in the right direction.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

How are the 3.5mmto 2 XLR cables wired? What pins on the XTRs do the wires go to. And why don't you just pug it into the AUX inputs. If you want it on the first 3 faders for some reason you can select the aux inputs to show up there.
Afinepoint

Post by Afinepoint »

Do you have the XLR cables (to the amp) plugged into the XLR 7 and 8 on the back of the console?
I would still suggest you export your scene and attach it to your next post.
Amps are fed from Outputs 1 - 4. 1 & 2 feed L and R of one amp which feeds L and R monitors. 3 & 4 feed second amp supplying subwoofer. Second is not 100%. I was working on the Channels 1 & 2 before straightening out 3 & 4.

Return to “Tips and Techniques”