UMC404HD via docking station

mathewjg

UMC404HD via docking station

Post by mathewjg »

I am considering connecting the Behringer UMC404HD via a Lenovo Thunderbolt 4 docking station so that I can just plug my laptop into the docking station via Thunderbolt 4 when required and get immediate connection to the UMC, 2 screens, NI keyboard, etc. Is this likely to cause any problems with latency etc. I haven't bought the docking station yet but no point if its going to create more problems.
kmitchell

Re: UMC404HD via docking station

Post by kmitchell »

Hi @mathewjg Welcome to the forums. The best answer I have for you is "it depends". It depends on how the docking station is designed and how the Lenovo handles the configuration. There's been reported problems when using USB2.0 audio interfaces on USB3.0 hubs. TB4 has dedicated USB2.0 signals as a part of the pinout but some docking stations don't pass those to the host. If they are passed to the host, you should see both USB3 and USB2 ports when you connect the docking station. The only way you can know for sure it to get one (or more) to test it out. Device Manager will tell you a lot about the configuration.

Return to “Audio Interfaces”