Solo Mode on Channel Input

The new Flow8 digital console
JezGW

Solo Mode on Channel Input

Post by JezGW »

Hey all. I’m new to mixing and live sound production for music gigs. Recently got FlOW 8 as a starting point and found it perfect so far for duet with 2 mics, keys & guitar - we’ve done 3 live gigs with it, easy set up, great sound, easy to adjust during set but mostly dialled in during sound check and leave it alone. Bluetooth feed for pre-between-post set also perfect. Also for recording all channels as separate tracks from live gig into Garageband - works a treat.
Question is: I cannot find anything on web/behringer/youtube on what SOLO mode does? It’s the yellow button next to mute on each channel in the app. The quick start guide says it gives you extra gain control but I don’t notice any change in controls toggling it on or off 🤷🏻‍♂️. Could someone please explain the solo mode (in relatively simple terms) and how it might be useful? Cheers.
Karnage

Re: Solo Mode on Channel Input

Post by Karnage »

Hi and Welcome.

Solo mode in mixing would usually put the chosen channel/channels out of the headphone output without other channels to allow someone to search for issues or make fine adjustments. It shouldn't make any difference to the main mix.

Can't say I've used it on my Flow 8 as yet.

Best, Karn.
JezGW

Re: Solo Mode on Channel Input

Post by JezGW »

Ok sweet. Thx. Panic over!!

Return to “Flow8”