No sound on HP jack outputs

Behringer WING Consoles
kruntz

Re: No sound on HP jack outputs

Post by kruntz »

humhead wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:52 pm Apparently you're not understanding me, I do not want to send to an aux output, I just want to use the built in headphone jacks that are on the underside of the back of the WING. Thanks anyway, appreciate you trying.

I will be getting a replacement desk since this one (#4) is clearly defective.
Which part of:
"The WING uses Aux outputs 7&8 internally for the headphone outputs"
is not clear to you?

The next Wing you will receive, will work in the same exact way...

Cheers.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

humhead wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:52 pm Apparently you're not understanding me, I do not want to send to an aux output, I just want to use the built in headphone jacks that are on the underside of the back of the WING. Thanks anyway, appreciate you trying.

I will be getting a replacement desk since this one (#4) is clearly defective.
If you want to use the Monitor output you should assign that to 2 of the other local aux outputs and put the headphones on the AUX 7&8.
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

humhead wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:40 pm Yes that is what it looks like exactly. I am not looking to route the HP send to outputs, I use the monitor out send for that using local outs. Looks like I'm getting yet another replacement console. Thanks anyway.
Can you do us all a favor and post a shot of your Aux Output routing screen to verify we're all on the same page and the board is broken?

If it isn't obvious yet, the internal headphone amplifier pulls its source from whatever is patched on Aux Out 7/8. If you route AES50 A input A1 and A2 to Aux Out 7/8 you will only ever hear what's patched down those channels as the headphone L/R. I hadn't noticed the headphone icon under Aux Out 7/8 before. Now I know that's how it works, the icon is obvious.
I thought the Wing did better than the X32 with 8 aux outs instead of 6, but effectively there's only 6 unless you want to send your monitor outs down 7/8 to another headphone amp.
humhead

Post by humhead »

I understand you perfectly, I am a 45 yr veteran engineer and designer and know how this is "supposed to work". What part of my clear and plain english result that is is NOT WORKING confuses you who knows. No need to reply, since you obviously do NOT have a solution to what is OBVIOUSLY to myself, and the SW support staff that the console (like the other 3 I have had all confirmed by the reps upon return) is defective.

Please don't respond, the issue has been diagnosed and the console is being returned.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

humhead wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:33 pm I understand you perfectly, I am a 45 yr veteran engineer and designer and know how this is "supposed to work". What part of my clear and plain english result that is is NOT WORKING confuses you who knows. No need to reply, since you obviously do NOT have a solution to what is OBVIOUSLY to myself, and the SW support staff that the console (like the other 3 I have had all confirmed by the reps upon return) is defective.

Please don't respond, the issue has been diagnosed and the console is being returned.
You don't know me and I don't know you. If you had taken a picture of the screen that I asked you to take it would have put this to rest a long time ago. I guess you have never made a mistake in your lifetime.

We are only trying to help you.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@humhead, please keep your posts civil and respectful. This is not Facebook, etc. that brings out the worst in people. We are all here as experienced (and some professional) users that volunteer our time and knowledge with the goal of helping others.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

humhead wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:33 pm Please don't respond, the issue has been diagnosed and the console is being returned.
You heard the man. He's on his own from now on.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

After 3 faulty consoles, and his unwillingness to listen to what is so obvious from the explanations, that even a goat could understand, I would say

OPERATOR ERROR!!!!!

And advise that his 45 year veteran of sound has been wasted, but maybe could be explained by his unwillingness to listen.perhaps that's the issue, he can't hear the headphones as he is deaf?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Topic closed/locked

Return to “WING Consoles”