No sound on HP jack outputs

Behringer WING Consoles
humhead

No sound on HP jack outputs

Post by humhead »

Have experienced this with 4 WING consoles now, headphone buss shows signal, yet nothing out of either jack. Workaround is I route to local outs to one of my Radial MC3's top use as a HP amp. So far no one has a solution, except to sent me yet another console. I have searched high and low and find no way to route to the hp jacks, it seems to just default to that.

Anyone else have this issue, or better yet a solution? It has happened running all 3 versions of firmware, and I am running fw 2.0 currently on desk #4.

I would contact Behringer support, but as we all know it doesn't exist.

I love the sound of the WING, and it's abilities, however the quality control, or lack thereof is getting long in the tooth. Kudos to Sweetwater for their patience and what support they do offer. Thru them it was discovered an anomaly on SOME of the consoles surface USB ports, some work fine, others will not playback properly formatted files, the USB icon turns red with red triangle of death and the stick must be removed and reinserted to read anything.

We are a 2400 seat PAC in Worcester MA, doing over 180 shows a year, about 1/3 of them on the house desk. Upgraded after 15 years from a Yamaha LS9 to the WING after much debate. Overall I am very happy with it, when it works, I just want one that everything works.
pvannatto

Re: No sound on HP jack outputs

Post by pvannatto »

humhead wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:56 pm Anyone else have this issue, or better yet a solution?
1. Make sure the phones knob (top left corner) is turned up
2. Make sure the assignment to the Routing, Outputs, Aux 7/8 are assigned to the Monitor 1L/R or Monitor 2L/R respectively.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
humhead

Post by humhead »

Of course the hp volume knob is up if it wasnt the monitor view doesnt show signal as it is post fader. There is no assignment in routing to the hp buss as i stated.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

WING headphone outputs

Can you post a picture of your routing screen on here that shows the Aux output assignments so I can see how you have that section set? Or take a screen shot see instructions below.

The WING uses Aux outputs 7&8 internally for the headphone outputs if in routing you change the source for Aux 7&8 to anything else then Source Group Monitor - Monitor A 1L and Monitor A 1R you will lose your headphone outputs.

To take screenshots on a Behringer WING console, you have to be running at least firmware version version 1.07 and create a folder called "screens" on the connected USB-Stick.
To take screenshots, a USB-Stick has to be connected, and it has to have a folder called "screens". The folder can be created in the Library > USB Section or with a computer.
A screenshot can be created by pressing the CLR SOLO and UTILITY buttons.
Screenshots can be created almost everywhere, though most pop-ups automatically dismiss as soon as one of the buttons is pressed, so they can't be captured.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

humhead wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:57 am There is no assignment in routing to the hp buss as i stated.
As I stated, you have to assign Monitor 1L and Monitor 1R to the Routing, Outputs, Aux 7 and 8 respectively if you want it to go to the headphones.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Here is what it should look like.

humhead

Post by humhead »

Yes that is what it looks like exactly. I am not looking to route the HP send to outputs, I use the monitor out send for that using local outs. Looks like I'm getting yet another replacement console. Thanks anyway.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

if you use the aux 7 and 8 outs for other outputs that is your problem you can't do that and have the headphone outputs working.
humhead

Post by humhead »

Apparently you're not understanding me, I do not want to send to an aux output, I just want to use the built in headphone jacks that are on the underside of the back of the WING. Thanks anyway, appreciate you trying.

I will be getting a replacement desk since this one (#4) is clearly defective.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

It is you that doesn't understand us that are telling you that the way that the wing works the screen that I included a picture of is how it must be set in order to get the headphone jacks to work.

Return to “WING Consoles”