USB audio and HP issues with some WING consoles

Behringer WING Consoles
humhead

USB audio and HP issues with some WING consoles

Post by humhead »

My console has been deemed defective by my reps. I understand perfectly when how the routing to it works (Aux 7/8) and as posted previously it is set up exactly as it should be yet NO SOUND out of hp jacks. My workaround has been to route the monitor out to local outs and then to a Radial MC3 however the fact remains there is an issue with some WINGS that has been diagnosed and confirmed by Music Tribe along with issues with some USB audio data ports. SW tested several new consoles and found this to be true.

The issues are NOT operator error. Some desks work fine, other have no output on the headphone jacks. Some consoles play back .wav files from the USB audio data port (top left of console) while others will not using the exact same source stick and files.

These are known issues that will be addressed by the developer in future FW upgrades is the information I was given thru my rep.

If you are experiences these issues contact your rep, and arrange for a replacement desk that is tested before it ships.

Both issues were discovered by me and proven by my reps at their facility by tests on new in box units. Clearly Music Tribe/Behringer in their desire to cut costs do not fully test WING desks before they ship.

Overall I do love the WING, for the price you can not beat the quality of audio from this desk. IMPO it rivals desks 10x the price of the WING. Being a proficient Profile and Digico user, and the WING design clearly being "borrowed" from these desks, I sometimes forget I'm not on them and that to evade copyright infringement certain features are NOT as my digico/profile brain expects them to be, but its a small price to pay for such a great sounding and versatile desk as the WING.

Hope this is helpful to those of you who were shipped defective desks.
KMaxwell

Re: USB audio and HP issues with some WING consoles

Post by KMaxwell »

Do you finally now have one that the headphone output works?

Return to “WING Consoles”