Strange Gain Behavior

Behringer WING Consoles
djsuperdock

Strange Gain Behavior

Post by djsuperdock »

Hi everyone,

New here, with a relatively simple question that I'm curious if anyone has run into:

I've got a behringer Wing connected to 3 s16s, all daisy chained together connected to the WING via AES50A. All 3 s16s are on the latest firmware as well as the Wing. Basically, I'm noticing that the gain control works for some channels and not others. It definitely works on inputs connected to the 1st and 3rd s16s, but the 2nd one doesn't respond to any gain moves.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks everyone!
pvannatto

Re: Strange Gain Behavior

Post by pvannatto »

djsuperdock wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:49 pm It definitely works on inputs connected to the 1st and 3rd s16s, but the 2nd one doesn't respond to any gain moves.
Welcome to our forum. I have not run into this scenario. But I would suggest that you look at the second S16 and make sure it is in one of the first 4 modes (see instructions here). I'm wondering if the SN Master light is on, it might deny access to the preamp control from the Wing (which will also be master clock).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
djsuperdock

Post by djsuperdock »

pvannatto wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:17 pm
djsuperdock wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:49 pm It definitely works on inputs connected to the 1st and 3rd s16s, but the 2nd one doesn't respond to any gain moves.
Welcome to our forum. I have not run into this scenario. But I would suggest that you look at the second S16 and make sure it is in one of the first 4 modes (see instructions here). I'm wondering if the SN Master light is on, it might deny access to the preamp control from the Wing (which will also be master clock).
Thanks. The SN Master light is OFF, I have the 2nd s16 set to the "OUT +8" mode (and then the 3rd s16 is set to "OUT +16")
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@djsuperdock, Hmm, a couple of troubleshooting options come to mind.
1. Swap the second and third S16 (and change modes accordingly) and see what that results with the gain control.
2. Save your snapshot to a file and attach to your next post (using the Full Editor below). That way we can look at your setup and either see a problem or rule out Wing setup issues.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “WING Consoles”