DP48 master

DP48, Hub4 mixing eco-system
tonysunshine

DP48 master

Post by tonysunshine »

Hi All

got a question that I couldn't find the answer to on youtube or here on the forum.
If I want one of my DP48s to be the master for the monitor engineer to remote mix the other DP48s, does that "master" DP48 need to be first in the daisy chain? Or if I were to get a HUB4, does the "master" DP48 need to come before the HUB4 or can it just be connected to one of the ports on the HUB4?
I'm guessing the answer is no, and the DP48s and HUB4s can be chained in any order, and just need to set the ID's in the DP48s setup menu? Like I can have the first DP48 in the chain be ID 5, the next one can be ID 3, next one can be MST, etc?

Thanks
stufenbau

Re: DP48 master

Post by stufenbau »

Hi @tonysunshine

I have 4 DP48 connected to the HUB4 (which is connected via AES50-A to an X32 Rack) and in my setup the device on port 1 is automagically set as "MST". This can be changed manually to other ids though, but only for the device on port 1. I cannot change the ids for the devices on port 2, 3 and 4.

I never daisy chained the DP48 as I want all the devices powered from the HUB4, so I cannot answer that part of wyour question.

When using an X32 to remotely configure the DP48 group assignment I can broadcast the settings via AES50-A regardless if the device on port 1 (MST) is powered on or off - as long as all DP48 devices are set to "REMOTE : ON".

What else exactly do you want the monitor engineer to remote mix on the DP48. The DP48 is a "personal mixer" after all. So, I understand the mix is to be done by the talent.

Sorry if I did not correctly understand your question.

Return to “DP48 Mixers”