X-Live update

ytsejim

X-Live update

Post by ytsejim »

When i try to update my x-live card to the A12 version, i’ve got an error message who said that’s the wrong card ?

When i go to the set up screen, i can’t see anything about my actual version. The only thing i see is X-LiveI16. 🤷
GaryH

Re: X-Live update

Post by GaryH »

@ytsejim make sure to use a usb2 drive and a usb2 cable..and USB2 port. Most important is the A12 firmware file being the ONLY firmware file at the root directory at all, no mixer firmware, just the A12 file. I suggest trying a new fat32 formatted usb drive and put only the A12 file on it. Also run it as the administrator.
Parabolic

Post by Parabolic »

Did you resolve this? I'm running into the EXACT same thing. every card I try show up as an error and when I go to update the firmware, like you, it says wrong card. Mine is also showing up as the X-LiveI16.
Apparently Gary only skims the questions as the answer he provided wasn't applicable - as this error only shows up when the x32 already read the firmware file - so it READ and KNOWS the file, but the card is showing up incorrectly with the firmware that was included on it.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Parabolic Sorry my attempt to help didn't meet your approval. Skimming 2 short sentences, really? MY card is the one working here btw. Doing the firmware update incorrectly can cause failure so (imo) the process involved to do the update correctly was worth talking about. If that's not the issue so be it, move along to other ideas.
Jedi711

Post by Jedi711 »

What should we see in the mixer window for the X-Live firmware to confirm its the newest firmware?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

I don't know/recall. The SD card fw in the console comes with the general console FW, doesn't it? So it should be just fine.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Jedi711 With my Rack, where your pic shows "X-Live 116" mine says "X-Live A12"-I don't see any newer version than that so I think that is what it should say.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

... and I finally checked on my full-size X32; it says "xurec A12"...
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

And here's a copy of the A12 FW. If that helps.
Attachments
X-LIVE_Firmware_A12.zip
(992.18 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Return to “X-Live”