Uber basic monitor mixer talk-back

DwayneA

Uber basic monitor mixer talk-back

Post by DwayneA »

Hi all.

Continuing my investigation into monitor mixing an alternative I am considering is adding another M32C for monitor mixing, and sending the 16 mix-buses of this new mixer to a DN4816-O via UltraNet. The artist IEMs could be fed directly from the DN4816-O.
The new AES50 connection map would look like:

Stage R_________FOH Booth________Broadcast Booth_______Stage Monitors
(B)DL32(A)__<->___(B)M32(A)___<->____(B)M32C(A)_____<->_____(B)M32C(A)

In this scenario we would assign either a Monitor Mixing Tech with a tablet, or let the artists mix their monitors from their phones.

I have a pretty good handle on how most of this would work, except... console talk-back (TB).
Is it possible, and how do we make it work, to have the FOH M32 TB end up in the monitor mix-buses of this new M32C?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Of course the offer of 1 beer per answer FOB Sherwood Park also applies here. :D

Dwayne A
pvannatto

Re: Uber basic monitor mixer talk-back

Post by pvannatto »

DwayneA wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 am I have a pretty good handle on how most of this would work, except... console talk-back (TB).
Is it possible, and how do we make it work, to have the FOH M32 TB end up in the monitor mix-buses of this new M32C?
Yes it is possible. But to make it work, you have to bring the TB (from FOH via AES50) into a channel strip of the M32C. The easiest (and most efficient) way is to use the User In (inputs 1-2) and Aux In Remap (assigned to User In 1-2) to bring it into Aux 1 (or Aux 2) channel strip. Then use the Direct Out Aux 1 (or Aux 2) to assign it to an Ultranet output. It's a kludge routing, but works.
Of course the offer of 1 beer per answer
At this rate, you may need to start your own brewery ;)
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
DwayneA

Re: Uber basic monitor mixer talk-back

Post by DwayneA »

Hey Paul.
Thx for the answers.
I think I have the info I need to make a recommendation to our worship director.
D

Return to “Stageboxes”