xr18/scenes

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
tedfeast

xr18/scenes

Post by tedfeast »

hello all!
new here and looking for some help.
been trying to set up my xr18 for an iem system.
had it just about there and when the band and our tech guy were working on it one of us tried loading what we thought was a saved scene and it wiped out the entire mix and settings we had set up. we haven't been able to recall or find all the other settings/work we had so we are left with a blank slate and starting over.
we had been using it as a pa with a power amp previously but our intention from the get go was to get to this stage and use for iem.
anyway, has anyone had this issue or have any idea what would have caused this? all the messing around we did with it for the last couple years we never had anything like this, never lost settings.
thanks for your time!
Karnage

Re: xr18/scenes

Post by Karnage »

Hello and Welcome.

If you load a scene from an app like X-Air Edit then it can indeed change every single parameter. If you hadn't at any point saved the setup you were working on to a device, then there is no 'undo' type function I've found.

A few things to consider:
  • Most people don't save to the mixer memory but to the controlling device.
  • Each device generally saves shows and scenes individually, so if you had saved it on one tablet, then only that tablet may have your settings saved on it. Don't expect to find that on another device unless you specifically saved it on that device too.
  • A factory reset of the mixer will wipe out any scenes saved locally to the mixer, but not scenes saved on devices.
Make sure you save work in progress like you would on any computing device. If you have lots of scenes, X-Air Edit makes it easy to see when you saved that scene and choose which to keep should you want to 'tidy up' later on. I have settings saved for 4 different bands and for multiple different open mic setups.

Best, Karn.

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”