Using right bank faders foir effects

Behringer WING Consoles
humhead

Using right bank faders foir effects

Post by humhead »

A little background.

I use busses 11-16 as my effects busses for reverbs, delays etc. I insert the created engines post fader, and am on one particular show putting 13-16 in a user set on the right fader bank. All works well EXCEPT when I tough any of these 4 faders only in this user group of effects the touchscreen switches to that channel.

My buddies at Sweetwater are baffled why this happens, and only happens with the bank that are 13-16 with effects inserted.

Anyone else have this issue and more importantly know how to make it stop? I am constantly working these and it's to say the least annoying.

Thanks all!!!!
KMaxwell

Re: Using right bank faders foir effects

Post by KMaxwell »

If you post a scene here we might be able to load it in a WING and see if we get the same behavior.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I just powered up the WING and found that in the SETUP section in the SURFACE tab on the right side you will see CH AUTOSELECT and there you can select which fader bank you want (L,C,R) it to work on. Also above that are some options that might be coming into play to make your right section behave that way.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

humhead wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:10 pm Anyone else have this issue and more importantly know how to make it stop?
On Setup, Surface, Ch Autoselect, disable the R (for right bank). Also if the User Layer Link C/R is selected, that means that both center and right banks are tied together when using the User Layer.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
humhead

Post by humhead »

The auto select is disabled, and this ONLY happens when I am on the user selection on the right bank that is my effects busses. This is what makes this so odd, it does NOT happen with any other selected bank on the right side.

It's not a scene related issue, it's global and only is triggered if I have faders with effects inserted on the right fader bank only.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

humhead wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:12 pm this ONLY happens when I am on the user selection on the right bank that is my effects busses.
I just setup your scenario and it works fine here (no auto select).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

humhead wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:12 pm The auto select is disabled, and this ONLY happens when I am on the user selection on the right bank that is my effects busses. This is what makes this so odd, it does NOT happen with any other selected bank on the right side.

It's not a scene related issue, it's global and only is triggered if I have faders with effects inserted on the right fader bank only.
From what I have been told a scene (SNAP) is a snapshot of the entire state of the console. So the reason that I asked for you to post a scene is so we can load it into a WING and see if it behaves for us the same way that it is behaving for you. Because it is much easier then trying to replicate your settings. Then that will tell us if you have found a firmware anomaly. If you are not comfortable in posting a scene here you have my email address and I promise not to share your SNAP with anyone else unless you give me permission. If you have found an anomaly I am sure that the developers would like to know that and they might request to see your SNAP. But I wouldn't even share it with them unless you give me your permission.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Could be yet another defective Wing....the ghost in the screen often arrives so quietly...the beginning of the end.....
humhead

Post by humhead »

Snapshot is dependent on recall safe keep in mind.

Anyway after toggling the right bank audo select on and back off this solved the issue, pointing to yet another indecisive FW action. Hoping a V3FW is out soon address' these issues. ALL are relatively minor and the sound of the desk is so fantastic, so I can't really bitch.
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

Not sure what your usage of the board and firmware upgrade path has been, but I've seen weird things on other consoles when recalling old scenes or upgrading firmware. Toggling something or resetting the console often fixes it and then it never happens again.

Return to “WING Consoles”