OSC FX send levels (individual channels)

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
guane

OSC FX send levels (individual channels)

Post by guane »

Hey there!

Thanks so much in advanced for having created this platform and compiling such useful MIDI + OSC information/documentation. I've already spent many hours playing around with some MIDI controllers + OSCulator to interact with my X-Air 18 in several ways and luckily I've already managed to do most of what I intended.

However, one thing I can't seem to find is how to modify, via OSC, individual channel sends to FX buses 1-4. Looks like this is either not documented or I'm a bit lost.

Attaching 2 screenshots showing the interface elements that I'd use to get what I'm looking for.

Also, I was wondering if there would be any way to actually "listen" to events/changes triggered manually from either the XAir-Edit or the iPad apps.

Thanks again!

pvannatto

Re: OSC FX send levels (individual channels)

Post by pvannatto »

guane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm Thanks so much in advanced for having created this platform and compiling such useful MIDI + OSC information/documentation.
Welcome to our forum and you are most welcome. Do we assume that you are referring to the X-Air/M-Air OSC Command list on our Wiki?
guane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm However, one thing I can't seem to find is how to modify, via OSC, individual channel sends to FX buses 1-4
Sorry, I should have made a not of that. The FX1 - FX4 are actually mixbuses 7-10. So if you want to adjust the send of channel 5 to FX1 fader, you would use:
/ch/05/mix/07/level
command

I just added a note to the Wiki regarding these details.
guane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm I was wondering if there would be any way to actually "listen" to events/changes triggered manually from either the XAir-Edit or the iPad apps.
Unfortunately not. Ethernet/wifi only transmits OSC commands between the console and external apps. No audio is passed. You would need to use the USB port for that.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

pvannatto wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:43 am
guane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm I was wondering if there would be any way to actually "listen" to events/changes triggered manually from either the XAir-Edit or the iPad apps.
Unfortunately not. Ethernet/wifi only transmits OSC commands between the console and external apps. No audio is passed. You would need to use the USB port for that.
Maybe I read this differently, but is the question about "listening" for OSC messages that are generated by changes with another app? if so, yes, there is a mechanism for doing that. You need to send an OSC message of '/xremote' to the mixer at least once every 10 seconds and then you need to keep the sending port open to listen for updates.

I sort of automated the update request process using a tool called Node-RED.

You can find my write-up here: https://behringer.world/viewtopic.php?t=1506
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

kmitchell wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:38 pm is the question about "listening" for OSC messages that are generated by changes with another app?
You probably understood his question better than I did. Thanks for chiming in.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
guane

Post by guane »

Thanks so much! Indeed I was refering to the OSC Command list on the Wiki, so kudos for your input and for adding the note about FX buses in there.

Will look into /xremote for a sort of update feed!

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”