XR18 channel naming

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
Klaaskloos

XR18 channel naming

Post by Klaaskloos »

Hi there
I'm new here. Working with XR18 and using the android Xair-app on a tablet.
For the first time created different Shows and scenes in it.
It seems to work perfect except for one thing:
I have named the channels in show A (and giving it a color), and saved it, firstly in the scene (let's say scene A1) then save the entire show in Show A.
Then I create Show B and change the names and color of the channels and save again the scene (scene B1) and then save Show B.
When I reload Show A now and load scene A1, then the channels do not change back to the naming set previously in scene A1. It keeps the last names given: those of scene B1 in Show B. The other settings were as expected in A1.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Karnage

Re: XR18 channel naming

Post by Karnage »

Hello and Welcome,

I don't have anything to run the Android version on, but I wonder if there is an option as to what is recalled from scenes, and if anything is unchecked that might prevent the recall of these settings?

Best, Karn.
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

By Android version, do you mean Mixing Station or the old Behringer Android app? If the Behringer app, it's hard to say since that's a very early version of Mixing Station. Karn may be right though. I seem to remember that snapshots save all data but only restore what you select to restore.
DwayneA

Post by DwayneA »

I had this exact same issue occur yesterday on an M32 with Mixing Station (Android).

Loading a new scene at the console did not update all of the scribble strips in MS. I simply closed and reloaded MS on the Android and all scribble strips displayed correctly.

This is not unlike a similar issue with M32-Edit (Win). Changing connection from one console to another does not update all scribble strips in M32-Edit. We've made it SOP to close and restart M32-Edit when changing connected consoles.

D
Klaaskloos

Post by Klaaskloos »

Hey, thx for your replies Karn, Mitchell and Dwayne!
Don't think the checking/unchecking influences the reloading of the scribble strips. But next time I will double check.
Do i understand correctly that this Mixing Station (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ingstation) is the successor of the Behringer Android App? It is indeed an old app; last update was in 2017!
If I would change over to Mixing Station, would it be able to retrieve the settings left behind by the Behringer App?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Klaaskloos wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:49 pm Do i understand correctly that this Mixing Station is the successor of the Behringer Android App?
Not exactly. Mixing Station developer (David Schumann) released his first version of Mixing Station for X32 in Sept 2013 for us android users. Just before the X-Air consoles were released in 2015, I convinced Music-Tribe to ask David to port Mixing Station to the X-Air platform so that the android users would also have a tablet app (since they had no plans of developing one themselves). Evidently the agreement was that this official version would be developed by the Music-Tribe developer and David was free to develop Mixing Station as he saw fit. Fortunately David has continued to add incredible features, bug fixes and console platforms (eg. Wing, HD96, A&H QU, SQ, CQ, Advantis, dLive, GLD, Soundcraft Vi, Si, UI DL, DM and TF), while the official X-Air app got little attention and love.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Klaaskloos wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:49 pm If I would change over to Mixing Station, would it be able to retrieve the settings left behind by the Behringer App?
Probably not. I would suggest that you save any settings internally as snapshots, then install and run Mixing Station. Then you will be able to load the saved snapshots (which reside in the console itself).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Klaaskloos

Post by Klaaskloos »

Many thanks Paul,
It sounds Mixing Station is worth trying.
I think I will, going back is always aan option.
Cheers!
Klaas

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”