P16-M power issue

P16 personal mixing eco-system
nmalexandersen

P16-M power issue

Post by nmalexandersen »

Hello all

I have 4 pcs of P16-M mixers, and one of them are having a serious health issue ...

We came to rehearsal and everything looked normal, but I discovered that the p16-m in question did not respond to incoming audio with green leds flashing. All p16-M units are powered over the network cable, from a working P16-D box. I turned the power button off and on again, only to experience the following ...

* The buttons on the unit did not light up. There is a faint light around two of the pots.
* The unit don't respond to any form of human interaction.
* You can hear a faint single frequency tone generated by the unit if you put your ear next to it.

I changed the network cable several times. I re-powered the unit ..but no luck.

Has anyone here experienced this for themselves ?
If so ... was it fixable ?

I suspect that this has something to did with the internal power supply.

Kind regards Nils
GaryH

Re: P16-M power issue

Post by GaryH »

Did you try another port on the P16D? Perhaps the D is the issue. Or the power supply they come with? I would guess if it does the same thing with the stock power supply it probably needs service somewhere. You might also try to update or rewrite the firmware, latest is 1.06. These units have proven to be very reliable over the years.
nmalexandersen

Post by nmalexandersen »

Hi. Thanks for your response. I testet all the ports on the p16-D, but no luck. The P16-D is successfully powering all the other P16-M units.The units does not ship with a power supply. Do you have any information on how to update the firmware ? I have only come across info on how to reset the unit.
Kind regards Nils
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@nmalexandersen If you don't have the little walwart power supply they come with, easy to get one that will work...mine all came with one, yours shouild have also. Firmware from MT, instructions below..

Return to “P16 Mixers”