Recording send effect in a loop machine

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
kaioyoca

Recording send effect in a loop machine

Post by kaioyoca »

Hi everyone, I'm new here, nice to meet you.
I use Google Translate to write, I hope you understand what I'm going to say well.
I've hooked up an RC-505 loop machine into my X32 rack via aux 1 and 2 outputs and inputs and running it through bus 1 and 2 so I can choose which channel to loop on by simply opening the bus on that channel.
To be able to record what I do on Reaper I set channels 31 and 32 as aux 1 and 2.
So far so good and everything works perfectly.

My only problem is that I can't record the X32 send-return effects on the loop machine.

I can record the mixer effects only if they are inserted in a channel as inserts, but if I set an effect (for example a reverb) on a send bus the RC-505 loop machine does not record the effect but only the "dry" channel without precisely the sending effect.
I tried to do some routing tests but I couldn't solve this problem.
Do you think it can be done or not?
kaioyoca

Re: Recording send effect in a loop machine

Post by kaioyoca »

I'm starting to think that creating an aggregate audio device is the only solution. In practice I would connect the rc-505 via USB like the mixer, the problem is that I work on Windows and as far as I know, aggregating audio devices on Windows is not yet the best. Unless I missed some news about it in recent months.
kaioyoca

Re: Recording send effect in a loop machine

Post by kaioyoca »

I just solved it by going to the "send" tab of the effect return channel and opening the bus fader where the loop machine passes. I can't believe I did it.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”