X32 ADAT Tap Points

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
HHHHHH

Re: X32 ADAT Tap Points

Post by HHHHHH »

Also, I have a homestudio which I mostly use alone and tailored around electronics so it doesn't really matter if the SOLO button actually kills all other channels while working.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

HHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 pm for studio use it would be handy to have it function as a button that actually mutes all the other channels that aren't solo'ed
In Monitor, Solo Options, select Exclusive
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

pvannatto wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:09 pm In Monitor, Solo Options, select Exclusive
Yeah, but unfortunately that doesn't work when everything is connected via direct outs and monitoring is being done by my soundcards. Definitely not the end of the world though.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

HHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:19 pm monitoring is being done by my soundcards
That will only work when monitoring from the M32. You can have an output from the DAW assigned to Aux 1/2 (using the Aux Remap feature) and monitor from there. That's the way I always do it.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

pvannatto wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 pm That will only work when monitoring from the M32. You can have an output from the DAW assigned to Aux 1/2 (using the Aux Remap feature) and monitor from there. That's the way I always do it.
I don't understand how this would work... Wouldn't this only work when using the USB expansion card and using the X32 as a soundcard?

Right now I plugged the ouputs of my soundcard back into the X32 on AUX 1 & 2 and am routing the audio back out of the console via XLR 7 & 8. All of mu audio channels & busses except for the soundcard input are not being sent to the Main LR. But in this case, I just created the same setup as before, only now I have the X32's master fader to control my overall volume.

There's just no way to solo direct outs. Or is there still a workaround for what I'm trying to achieve?
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

Even when sending my adio inputs straight to the master and solo'ing it, none of the solo options actually solo it through the master, just to an extra solo bus probably.

Makes total sense for a live console, just not so much for my use right now.
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

Ok, I might've found a solution.

XLR 7&8 are now outputting the monitor L&R signal. Now I can solo every channel, except for that the solo signal is way louder than the normal signal. Any workarounds?

Thanks!
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

Adjusting the dim & source trim kind of works. Still not a perfect solution though.
HHHHHH

Post by HHHHHH »

For everyone who bumps into this forum and wants to know the answer: It's as simple as taking the monitor output and selecting the "Use Master Fader" in the solo section. This works fine.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”