snippets problem

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
mattclarkmixer

snippets problem

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I've got two snippets set up. One snippet has my vocal delay send fader at unity. The other snippet has the fader pulled all the way down. I've got this programmed in Ableton Live so that when a backing track starts it sends a midi program change to load the snippet with vocal delays on. When the backing track ends, the snippet loads where the delay send is down. This way I can speak to the audience without hearing delays on my voice. This behaves exactly as expected with the fader up and down.

Here's my problem: the "power" button on my delay module in FX1 keeps getting turned off. I've saved both snippets with the power on but it keeps getting turned off with no rhyme or reason. In the parameters that get saved with each snippet I've got bus 13 (my delay module) and fader selected only.

Any thoughts why this might be happening or another way to troubleshoot it?
KMaxwell

Re: snippets problem

Post by KMaxwell »

The scope that is saved in the snippet probably has more in it than you want it to do. Paul has a snippet edit tool and with that you can edit out anything other then what you want that snippet to do.
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

@pvannatto

Hi Paul-
Can you point me toward where I can get your snippet edit tool? thanks
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:54 pm Can you point me toward where I can get your snippet edit tool? thanks
If you export your snippet (using the Utility button) to a file, you can edit the snippet data using a text editor (such as Notepad++).

The tool that Kevin suggested is Scene Parser. This tool imports a scene file and allows the user to parse (extract) specific sections to make a snippet. The resulting OSC code is placed in a text edit box (Results Editor) so that the snippet can be further refined (using standard text editing functions as well as other functions such as range replacement etc.).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I checked out the snippets in a text editor. One snippet is only showing the fader at unity and then all the way down on the other snippet.

I changed the type of effect in the FX1 slot and then put it back to the delay I had. So far this seems to have solved it. I’m thinking data got corrupted or something. Ever heard of something like this happening?

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”