Snippet is changing unselected parameter

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
Rward

Snippet is changing unselected parameter

Post by Rward »

I am apparently misunderstanding something.

I saved several snippets and only checked parameters for Source/scribble, Groups, Mute, and Bus 13-16 sends.

However, I notice my input channel and Gain changes from cue to cue even though the scene is “none”

Why doesn’t the cue just leave everything alone except for the parameters in the snippet?
pvannatto

Re: Snippet is changing unselected parameter

Post by pvannatto »

Rward wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 am Why doesn’t the cue just leave everything alone except for the parameters in the snippet?
Welcome to our forum. Have you exported the snippets to files and had a look at them with a text editor to make sure they are only including what you want them to change?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Rward

Post by Rward »

I have not tried to do that. I have re-saved them a few times while making sure HA is not selected, but I will try to look at them in a text editor that. Thanks
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Off Topic
I edited the word "parameter" in the title of the Topic.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
Rward

Post by Rward »

I found my problem. It was obvious. I was clicking the “source scribble” box to save it with the snippet because I change the DCA scribble strips from cue to cue. I had assumed that the inputs were in the “HA Config” check box. But it is in the “source, scribble” box.. I’m not sure how I kept overlooking the word “Source” right in front of me. Thanks
Rward

Post by Rward »

With this problem, does anyone know a work around so that I can change the scribble pads on the DCAs between cues, but not change the source?
Rward

Post by Rward »

I dont mind going in and changing the source for each snippet and saving it, but it looks like the gain is also connected to the same parameter and if it during the show I need to change the gain, it will not save from cue to cue. Right?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Rward wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 pm With this problem, does anyone know a work around so that I can change the scribble pads on the DCAs between cues, but not change the source?
That's the problem with the X32/M32 snippet GUI. Parameters are grouped together, not well documented and not very granular. Fortunately there is a workaround. Using @pmaillot extensively documented X32 OSC Protocol document with a text editor, you can separate the individual parameters of the multi-value OSC lines in a snippet and remove unwanted parameters.

For example, the channel's config line
/ch/01/config "Vocal 1" 1 GNi 1

can be split into:
/ch/01/config/name "Vocal 1"
/ch/01/config/icon 1
/ch/01/config/color GNi
/ch/01/config/source 1

Then you can remove any parameter as desired.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@Rward, another option to consider. If you are having to change, edit, etc. your show file, including the cues, scenes and snippets, there is an alternative GUI called Show Manager. This is an external app for a computer (Windows, Mac, linux) and Raspberry Pi that can import a show file that has been exported from the console. It has a number of enhanced features such as:
* Cues, scenes and snippets can be reordered simply by dragging them up and down in the list.
* Cues, scenes and snippets can be copied, deleted, inserted, moved, etc (right clicking)
* Cues can be easily reindexed
* Scenes and snippets can be easily assigned to cues
* Scenes and snippets can be imported and exported to/from the show
* Snippets can be edited directly
* etc
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”