DVS Update

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
MJKlein
Site Admin

DVS Update

Post by MJKlein »

In case anyone missed the email:

Dear DVS and Via customers,

We hope you're doing well and staying healthy in your audio endeavors. The team at Audinate is committed to providing you with the most secure and efficient tools to support your audio networking needs. We continually evaluate and update our software and systems as part of this commitment.
Important Security Update and Deprecation Notice

We are informing you that old versions of Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) and Dante Via will be deprecated in 60 days from the date of this notice as we continue to enhance security across our services. The license servers for old versions of these products use HTTP protocol, which does not meet our heightened security standards. To ensure a more secure communication, all newer versions of these products connect to new servers using HTTPS protocol.

Versions Affected

Versions that are earlier than the following DO NOT use the secure license server:

Dante Virtual Soundcard:

DVS (Win) 4.2.0.2

DVS (OSX) 4.2.4.1

Dante Via:

Via (Win) 1.3.1.4

Via (OSX) 1.3.1.3

What This Means for You

If you are currently using Dante Virtual Soundcard versions earlier than the versions defined above, we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest versions to continue enjoying uninterrupted service and support. The latest versions incorporate significant security improvements, including the transition to HTTPS, to safeguard your data and communication. If you are already using the latest version, then please pardon the interruption and disregard this notice.

Important note: If you are not able to update the software before the old license servers are decommissioned, you will need to download the current version of the installer to update the software on your machine at a later date.

How to Upgrade

Upgrading is simple and free for existing users. Please visit this link to login and download the latest version of your Dante software.

Thank you for your attention to this important update and your continued trust in Dante. Together, we are committed to advancing the world of AV networking with the highest security and efficiency standards.

Regards,

-Audinate Support

Download the latest version: https://go.audinate.com/e3t/Ctc/2G+113/ ... Kf4m5d-W04

Audinate, Inc., 4380 Macadam Ave, Suite 255, Portland, OR 97239, USA
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
GaryH

Re: DVS Update

Post by GaryH »

@MJKlein thx for this. I didn't get that email, yet....also using much newer versions of both programs so maybe somehow they know it isn't an issue for me, don't exactly know how that would be but maybe.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Thanks MJ, didn't get a notice from Audinate either...

Edit: I did get a notification... this morning!
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Still no email yet…
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

April 8, 2024-EDIT: Kudos to Audinate for updating 4.3 to 4.3.1.1 to support MacOS 10.14 and older.

This is significant for anyone running an older Mac since the newer versions don't support the older OS versions and those older Macs are limited to the older OS versions. I don't use Dante much anyway and it looks like I won't be using it at all in about 60 days.

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”